When the Monaco Yacht Show opens its doors today DAR will make her global debut, but she has already impressed industry insiders as reflected by her double win at last night’s awards ceremony.
‘The MYS finest new superyacht award’ is given to the yacht that meets the refinement criteria for both its interior and exterior design and its sustainable innovations or development.
Delivered to her owner just a few months ago, the Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances, the sophisticated interior design from Nuvolari Lenard and the revolutionary exterior styling from Luiz de Basto.
The naval architect ensured DAR’s profile remained long, lean and sporty despite her huge volume. Combine her good looks with the cutting-edge use of glazing across the superstructure, and it’s no surprise the motor yacht also triumphed in the exterior design category.
The Oceanco build clearly stands out for her exceptional build quality, technological advances and sophisticated interior design.
Speaking about his work designing superyacht DAR, Luiz de Basto said; "My initial drawings may have looked like a futuristic concept, but it's actually the result of a perfect integration between interior layout and exterior design. She is now a very real yacht on account of the execution made possible by the advanced technology of the Oceanco engineering team and by the vision of her experienced owner and his team."
He went on to add, "The awards received by Dar following her recent launch makes my team, myself and the Oceanco team very proud. We are very glad the owner and his family are happy and enjoying the new yacht to the fullest."
DAR was not the only yacht to catch the judges’ attention, however. Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, which took home the best interior design award, and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO, which was recognised for her eco-friendly features.
The interior styling aboard Pride Mega Yachts’ Illusion Plus was headed up by Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design and renderings reveal a contemporary, oriental-inspired theme.
Other winners included the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus' and the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO
SOLO from Tankoa Yachts, meanwhile, was rewarded for being the superyacht which best complies with a series of performance specifications as defined by the Italian classification company RINA.
Now in their fifth year, the MYS Superyacht Awards distinguish the greatest luxury yachts that will make their world debut at the Monaco Yacht Show. Trophies were awarded last night during a glitzy gala event which, attended by 400 privileged guests and the yachting social elite, launched the four-day show in unrivalled style.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...