Thanks to new legislation passed by the Balearic Government last week, it is now more straightforward to acquire the licence necessary to access the fantastic cruising grounds of Spain.
Streamlining the previously complex process of obtaining a Spanish charter license, a new Decree in Spanish maritime law is expected to tempt plenty of charter yachts to the diverse Mediterranean hotspot.
Indeed, the changes brought about by the Decree assure a greater transparency, organising all of the legal requirements into a single document for a greater understanding between the government and the superyachts wishing to enter Balearic waters.
What this means for superyacht charters in Spain is that brokers are now able to interact with the relevant Maritime Authorities in a far more efficient manner, making the destination a seriously attractive choice for summertime vacations.
Thanks to state of the art superyacht marinas such as the OneOcean Port Vell in Barcelona and the upcoming Sovren Marina in Ibiza, Spain has recently become a leading vacation spot amongst discerning travellers.
Such appeal is hardly surprising when you consider how the coastlines of the various Spanish islands are lined with world-leading restaurants and a number of jaw-dropping views.
Helping to simplify the process of obtaining a Spanish charter licence, the new legislation should help to attract a number of superyachts to the mesmerizing waters surrounding Ibiza, Barcelona, and beyond
For those less inclined to immerse themselves in the bustle of town and city life, the superyacht-friendly beaches of Spain are ideal for lapping up the sun and getting out with any available water toys and tenders.
With Spain now set to become easier to access than ever before, there’s arguably never been a better time to experience the charms of the Balearics on a private yacht charter vacation.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...