Attended by the world’s top charter agencies and brokers, as well as an impressive fleet of highly sought-after charter yachts, the 30th edition of the MYBA Charter Show ran from 23 to 26 April at the OneOcean Port Vell in Barcelona, Spain.
Creating the greatest excitement among show-goers was Alfa Nero, the largest and arguably most iconic yacht on display. A 2007-launch from Oceanco, she is renowned for her expansive aft deck, primed with a pool that transforms into a helipad, and distinctive Alberto Pinto interior.
Also attracting much attention was a superyacht measuring over 100 metres in length at anchor not far from the show. Many brokers payed the yacht, which was previously part of the global fleet, a visit and were extremely impressed with what they saw.
Other popular yachts included Feadship’s 70m/230ft charter yacht JOY, which stood out thanks to her radical exterior styling and expansive exterior spaces, while charming industry professionals with her traditional lines and vintage style was the 71m/233ft classic yacht ‘Haida 1929’.
There were also some newly launched yachts in attendance, which show-goers were eager to get aboard. These included the 73m/240ft expedition yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Admiral Yachts and the 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’, delivered in summer 2017 from Turkish yard CMB Yachts.
Creating the biggest stir among show-goers was Alfa Nero, the largest and arguably most iconic yacht on display
Ultimately, the aim of the show is to impart the knowledge charter brokers need to best match their clients with the most suitable luxury yacht. And, with the show taking place in Barcelona, it also draws attention to the growing popularity of undertaking a Spain yacht charter.
The highly-anticipated chefs’ competition also took place, providing brokers with another insight into what guests can expect during a charter vacation. Superyacht chefs were challenged to prepare 5 different finger foods and winners will soon be revealed on YachtCharterFleet.
Other highlights included crew workshops and seminar sessions, a variety of social events, such as a quay party night, cocktail evening and yacht hop, and an exhibition zone where yachting-related companies presented their products and services.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...