Cannes is currently a hive of activity as MIPIM gets underway for its 30th edition. Running between 12-15 March, the event attracts some of the most influential and distinguished players in the property market for four days of conferences, meetings and networking events.
The venue is in close vicinity to Cannes’ Vieux Port, making MIPIM a prime event for undertaking a corporate charter. As ever, a glittering selection of superyachts are shining under the Cote d’Azur sun this morning, ready to impress industry peers and play host to social gatherings and important business meetings.
Under the banner of this year’s conference theme, Engaging the Future, this landmark edition of MIPIM aims to look ahead to the next three decades under the lens of ‘durability’. Assembling around 3,350 exhibitors and more then 26,000 participants, the event will focus on how the various sectors of real estate can develop viable solutions to enable social and economic stability.
Setting the scene is Ban Ki-moon, the 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations, who is giving the inaugural keynote speech today. He will be joined by several other notable speakers, who will be addressing topics including real estate’s increasing focus on the healthcare industry and a forum discussing the growth of cities in African countries.
A glittering selection of superyachts are shining under the Cote d’Azur sun this morning, ready to impress industry peers and play host to business meetings.
Tomorrow, participants can look forward to the launch of a new event: the Young Leaders Summit. Panels will be examining how the property industry can best evolve the talent and skills of the next generation, as well as discussing the results of a public consultation campaign.
As ever, the MIPIM Awards 2019 will honour the most outstanding and accomplished projects from around the world, either completed or yet to be built.
Among the charter yachts on the scene, Heesen’s 44m144ft superyacht KIJO is lined up at Cannes' Vieux Port. A stunning addition to the charter fleet, she is joined by Benetti’s 37m/121ft luxury yacht DYNAR and the 40m/132ft motor yacht SUPERFUN.
The 33m/108ft motor yacht ‘December Six’ is also attending the event. She is set to enjoy a busy summer charter season along the French Riviera, with availability for event charters at the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix and Cannes Film Festival.
Throughout the course of MIPIM 2019, these luxury yachts will be the setting for private meetings, glitzy cocktail parties and dignified functions where participants can get to know each other. A corporate charter is also an excellent way to enhance a company’s profile and provides an alternative accommodation option.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.