The 35th edition of the Marmaris Yacht Charter Show kicks off today, bringing together an exciting selection of luxury yachts in the beautiful cruising grounds of south west Turkey.
Located on Marmaris’ Municipality Jetty, the show got underway at 10am this morning with the yachts in show opening their doors to charter agents and brokers, and a cocktail party later today will ensure the celebrations continue into the evening.
Timed to coincide with the start of the Mediterranean charter season, the industry-only meet offers charter professionals the chance to check out the fleet of charter yachts available in Turkey over the upcoming summer months.
With yacht inspections taking place for the duration of the five-day show, brokers will have plenty of opportunity to step aboard, meet the Captains and crew, and learn of any upgrades and refits. Attendees can then provide first-hand knowledge and well-informed advice to their clients planing a yacht charter this summer.
Originating from Turkey, there is, of course, an impressive collection of luxury gulets lined up in the Marmaris waters. Among them is the 40m/131ft luxury gulet VAY from Su Marine, Aegean Yacht’s 40m/131ft luxury gulet ‘Sea Dream’ and the Yener-built 36m/118ft luxury gulet ‘Queen of Datca’.
The largest yacht in show, however, is the 58m/190ft superyacht ‘Lord of the Seas’, delivered in 2013 by Turkish shipyard Egeria Yachts.
A culinary contest will see chefs creating a three-course luncheon that incorporates a Turkish theme with a modern influence
As well as the collection of yachts, there is also a variety of exhibitors in attendance, showcasing the latest yachting products and services.
Plus a culinary contest will see chefs creating a three-course luncheon that incorporates a Turkish theme with a modern influence for a panel of judges. A prize-giving ceremony will take place on the evening of 13 May.
For further information on any of the yachts attending the Marmaris Yacht Charter Show, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...