The 35th edition of the Marmaris Yacht Charter Show kicks off today, bringing together an exciting selection of luxury yachts in the beautiful cruising grounds of south west Turkey.
Located on Marmaris’ Municipality Jetty, the show got underway at 10am this morning with the yachts in show opening their doors to charter agents and brokers, and a cocktail party later today will ensure the celebrations continue into the evening.
Timed to coincide with the start of the Mediterranean charter season, the industry-only meet offers charter professionals the chance to check out the fleet of charter yachts available in Turkey over the upcoming summer months.
With yacht inspections taking place for the duration of the five-day show, brokers will have plenty of opportunity to step aboard, meet the Captains and crew, and learn of any upgrades and refits. Attendees can then provide first-hand knowledge and well-informed advice to their clients planing a yacht charter this summer.
Originating from Turkey, there is, of course, an impressive collection of luxury gulets lined up in the Marmaris waters. Among them is the 40m/131ft luxury gulet VAY from Su Marine, Aegean Yacht’s 40m/131ft luxury gulet ‘Sea Dream’ and the Yener-built 36m/118ft luxury gulet ‘Queen of Datca’.
The largest yacht in show, however, is the 58m/190ft superyacht ‘Lord of the Seas’, delivered in 2013 by Turkish shipyard Egeria Yachts.
A culinary contest will see chefs creating a three-course luncheon that incorporates a Turkish theme with a modern influence
As well as the collection of yachts, there is also a variety of exhibitors in attendance, showcasing the latest yachting products and services.
Plus a culinary contest will see chefs creating a three-course luncheon that incorporates a Turkish theme with a modern influence for a panel of judges. A prize-giving ceremony will take place on the evening of 13 May.
For further information on any of the yachts attending the Marmaris Yacht Charter Show, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...