Lurssen has today reported its latest delivery, the 156m/512ft superyacht DILBAR, was 'one of the most complex and challenging yachts that has ever been built, both in terms of dimension and technology.'
The German shipyard has also confirmed that DILBAR, delivered to her Owner just four weeks ago, is the world’s largest yacht in terms of volume, with a huge gross tonnage of 15,917 tons.
There has been much speculation on whether DILBAR would, in fact, take this title after the shipyard’s CEO Peter Lurssen made the claim before her launch in May.
Currently on her maiden voyage in the Mediterranean, luxury yacht DILBAR also provides spaces in the interior which have never been seen on a yacht before, according to the shipyard.
Further information on her interior, however, remains shrouded in much secrecy and many are left guessing at what the celebrated British designer, Andrew Winch, has created.
Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways.
Commenting on the yacht, Winch said, “Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways. We are sure that her owners will enjoy every space on board.”
Despite her mysterious interior, two other record-breaking features have been unveiled, both of which point to just how much the motor yacht has pushed the boundaries of superyacht design.
She is said to be home to the largest swimming pool to ever be built on a yacht as well as the largest electric diesel-electric power plant ever installed on a yacht, which allows her to cruise at a speed of 22 knots.
What can be observed from recently released photographs is her timeless profile designed by renowned naval architects Espen Oino, her ivory-coloured hull and her bronze finishes.
If you would like to find out more on Lurssen superyachts, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all yachts similar to DILBAR which are available for charter.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...