Lurssen Reveals Superyacht DILBAR to be 'One of the Most Complex' Builds Yet
Lurssen has today reported its latest delivery, the 156m/512ft superyacht DILBAR, was 'one of the most complex and challenging yachts that has ever been built, both in terms of dimension and technology.'
The German shipyard has also confirmed that DILBAR, delivered to her Owner just four weeks ago, is the world’s largest yacht in terms of volume, with a huge gross tonnage of 15,917 tons.
There has been much speculation on whether DILBAR would, in fact, take this title after the shipyard’s CEO Peter Lurssen made the claim before her launch in May.
Currently on her maiden voyage in the Mediterranean, luxury yacht DILBAR also provides spaces in the interior which have never been seen on a yacht before, according to the shipyard.
Further information on her interior, however, remains shrouded in much secrecy and many are left guessing at what the celebrated British designer, Andrew Winch, has created.
Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways.Andrew Winch
Commenting on the yacht, Winch said, “Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways. We are sure that her owners will enjoy every space on board.”
Despite her mysterious interior, two other record-breaking features have been unveiled, both of which point to just how much the motor yacht has pushed the boundaries of superyacht design.
She is said to be home to the largest swimming pool to ever be built on a yacht as well as the largest electric diesel-electric power plant ever installed on a yacht, which allows her to cruise at a speed of 22 knots.
What can be observed from recently released photographs is her timeless profile designed by renowned naval architects Espen Oino, her ivory-coloured hull and her bronze finishes.
If you would like to find out more on Lurssen superyachts, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all yachts similar to DILBAR which are available for charter.
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...