Launched under the name Project Shu in 2017, the 136m/446ft megayacht Flying Fox was delivered this morning.
Setting off on her maiden voyage to Norway, Flying Fox departed Lurssen’s facilities in Bremen one final time this morning.
Her impressive proportions place Flying Fox at number 14 in the Top 100 Superyachts in the World, bumping the 85m/279ft charter yacht O’PTASIA from the leaderboard.
She joins 29 other yachts built by Lurssen in the Top 100, proving once again that the German shipyard excels when it comes to size. Dominating the leaderboard for the World’s Top 100 Superyachts, Lurssen have the 181m/592ft superyacht AZZAM occupying first place, and the 85m/285ft superyachts ACE and ARETI coming in at joint 99th place.
Interestingly, Flying Fox also marks the 14th yacht in the Top 100 which features exterior design by Espen Oeino. The esteemed design firm have managed to create a sinuous and sleek profile, gently enhanced by flowing lines and elegant superstructure.
The superyacht boasts a gross tonnage of 9100 GT and a beam of 20.5 metres, and is completed by two helicopter pads which measure 14 and 18 metres respectively. This will allow Flying Fox to accommodate some of the largest choppers on the market.
Flying Fox ranks at number 14 in the World's Top 100 Superyachts.
Commissioned by an experienced owner, Flying Fox will replace an earlier yacht of the same name which is now known as motor yacht DYTAN. Measuring 74m or 241ft, DYTAN was built by Nobiskrug in 2012, and sports the same chrome-grey hull as Flying Fox.
The interiors of Flying Fox are the work of Mark Berryman, and although little is known about them, it is expected they will embody neutral tones and soft fabrics, offset by light-infused spaces.
Peter Lürssen, the managing partner of the shipyard, said, “The owner’s input within all aspects of the yacht’s design was clear, strong, and exacting.”
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.