As the second day of the 2018 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show (FLIBS) gets underway, we take a look at the standout moments from the first 24 hours of the prestigious yachting event.
FLIBS 2018 got off to a spectacular start yesterday and YachtCharterFleet was on the ground in Florida to report back on all the action and capture the best moments on camera.
From superyacht showcases to boat builder exhibits and lively social events, there was much to see and do across the event’s seven locations. Visitors flooded the boardwalks, industry professionals connected and tenders and water taxis transported attendees across the marinas.
A key highlight of the yachting meet is always the strong turnout of luxury yachts and day one of this year’s Fort Lauderdale Boat Show was no different.
Excitement swept across the boardwalks as Abeking & Rasmussen’s 98m/323ft superyacht AVIVA made an appearance docked in Pier Sixty-Six. Launched in 2017, she boasts an unmissable blue hull and powerful profile and is the first ever yacht to feature an indoor padel tennis court.
From superyacht showcases to boat builder exhibits and lively social events, there was much to see and do across the event’s seven locations
AVIVA was berthed yesterday alongside another iconic offering, the 90m/295ft charter yacht ‘Phoenix 2’. A 2010 build, she is renowned for her unique phoenix figure head, 1930s-style interior from Andrew Winch Design and exceptional Lurssen craftsmanship.
Also causing a stir was a fellow Abeking & Rasmussen build, the 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS. On the official line-up, she hit the water earlier this year and wowed visitors yesterday with her dynamic good looks from her berth in the Superyacht Life section of the show.
Other yachts caught on camera by the YachtCharterFleet team included the brand new 62m/203ft motor yacht ‘Utopia IV’ from Rossi Navi, the 55m/180ft Amels superyacht 'Gene Machine' complete with all her water toys and Feadship's 47m/153ft superyacht ‘Sea Racer’.
Shipyards were also out in full force on 'Superyacht Avenue', with two celebrating special anniversaries. Italian builder Ferretti was marking 50 years while Dutch yard Amels commemorated its centenary. Other top boat builders in attendance included Feadship, Benetti and Lurssen.
The day was rounded up by a variety of social events and Halloween celebrations, and an awards ceremony lead by ISS took place at the Broward Center recognising design and leadership in the industry.
As the show moves into day two, attendees can expect more yachting action, industry exhibitions, networking opportunities and FLIBS’s first-ever yacht chef competition.
YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated on all the latest news live from the show. For more images, view our live galleries: the best show photos from FLIBS 2018 and the best people and party photos from FLIBS 2018.
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.