Leaving behind the Old Port of Cannes for berths at the famous Port Hercule, charterers were today treated to a breathtaking performance from one of F1’s most interesting characters.
As we pointed out in an earlier story, the T-Dock is beginning to fill up as the superyachts migrate from the historic ports of Cannes.
With the sun breaking through the clouds around the French Riviera, visitors to the practice session this afternoon returned to sunbathing and sipping cocktails whilst watching the action unfold in front of them.
As the drivers prepare for the pivotal race this Sunday, we take a look at some of the charter yachts attending this year’s edition.
Perfectly suited for event charters, the 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA from Abeking & Rasmussen features an abundance of exterior space for enjoying the race.
Indeed, with a bridge deck large enough to host a home cinema, the area is just as impressive during the day, with an attachable bimini for shading when necessary.
A finalist for an interior award at the Showboats Design Awards this year, both the private and social spaces onboard are replete with contemporary flourishes and comfortable seating arrangements.
What’s more, M/Y ROMEA always includes a dedicated office space for anyone needing to attending to business whilst on charter.
Arguably the most classic of event charters, the Monaco Grand Prix combines the world’s most exciting sport with the unique charms of the Mediterranean
Another large yacht attending the Monaco Grand Prix 2016 is the 73m/238ft motor yacht VICKY.
Delivered from the Turkish shipyard Proteksan Turquoise, VICKY packs plenty of wow factor and provides charterers with numerous outdoor spaces in which to enjoy their environment.
Winning first place for ‘Recreational Area for Guest Use’ at the Showboats Design Awards 2013, and ‘Quality and Value’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2013, M/Y VICKY all but invites prospective charterers to take her to Monaco.
For parties keen to keep things going through the night, there’s also a professional DJ booth and dance floor- two features sure to be popular as she sits at anchor a short distance from Port Hercule.
Boasting a truly distinctive profile which ultimately earned her the award for ‘Best Exterior Design’ at the World Trophies 2014, the 66m/217ft motor yacht OKTO will no doubt be turning more than a few heads as she joins the proceedings this week.
Renowned for her silent cruising, M/Y OKTO is also regarded as an effortlessly cool charter yacht with a large swimming pool on the aft deck complemented by an engaging Alberto Pinto interior.
Whilst the abundance of outdoor deck space is sure to offer more than enough room for partying, the retractable balcony attached to the master suite provides a nice spot for guests to get away from it all at a moment’s notice.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...