One of the Caribbean’s major regattas, the upcoming meet runs from the 11th to 16th April and will attract some of the leading names in the sailing world.
Among the yachts signed up include regatta favourites sailing yacht COMANCHE and sailing yacht GALATERIA. At 30 metres, these two are the largest yachts competing at the event and will be racing against the 29m/94ft charter yacht WINDFALL in the maxi class.
Launched in 2013 by Southern Wind Shipyard, WINDFALL boasts cutting edge technology and an innovative performance and, a regular on the regatta circuit, competed in last year’s Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez.
Now in its seventh edition, Les Voiles de St. Barth continues to attract a diverse fleet of sailing yachts and, every year, the line-up of vessels grows in number as well as calibre.
2016 will see racing thoroughbreds, extraordinary prototypes, flying machines and the latest new additions from classes such as that of the Wally flock to the waters of St Barth to vie it out for a top spot in the competition.
Organisers of the racing meet said: “This diversity is undoubtedly part of the richness of the event, which sees its line-up expanding with every new edition and a battle raging at every stage in every category.”
Les Voiles de St. Barth continues to attract a diverse fleet of sailing yachts and, every year, the line-up of vessels grows in number as well as calibre.
The regatta also has a fantastic schedule of on-shore entertainment lined up for when the racing finishes for the day, including live music, cabaret shows, fireworks and a crew party.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.