Known only as Amels Custom Project 78, the yet-to-be-named superyacht is due to hit the water for the first time on December 4.
Custom Project 78, the largest Amels-built yacht in terms of gross tonnage, will be making waves with a technical launch later this week.
Once launched, she will head onwards to Amels’ outfitting facilities in Vlissingen. She is due for delivery in 2021.
First unveiled at the 2017 Monaco Yacht Show, the yacht sports exteriors by Espen Oeino and interiors by Francois Zuretti.
She marks a major milestone for the Dutch yard, as their largest fully-custom superyacht as measured by gross tonnage.
Rose Damen, commercial director at Amels, has previously called the project “a particularly significant contract for Amels and a great compliment for our full custom team.”
Renderings suggest a sleek exterior with a foredeck spa pool and sunpad selection. A second pool can be seen on the aft deck, alongside ample room for alfresco living. The sundeck offers both interior and exterior areas, ensuring the space is suited to a number of different purposes.
Espen Oeino has previously commented on the Custom-built project, saying; “We are very impressed by the know-how and professionalism that the AMELS custom yachts team have displayed during the design development and negotiations and look forward to working together towards making this vessel a unique custom yacht we all can be proud of."
The yacht’s interiors have been kept largely under wraps. However, François Zuretti has promised a “contemporary, comfortable, functional vessels with distinct ethnic notes.”
The motor yacht has a gross tonnage of 2,850 GT and will be the third-longest yacht in the Amels fleet.
She supersedes the 83m/ 272ft motor yacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’, which has a gross tonnage of 2,827 GT. There are just 23 tonnes between them.
This is a particularly significant contract for Amels and a great compliment for our full custom team.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.