INUKSHUK Wins World Superyacht Awards Sailing Yacht of the Year 2014
The 33m/107’ superyacht INUKSHUK took the 2014 World Superyacht Awards crown for Sailing Yacht of the year, confirming her place as one of the most successful sailing vessels to come onto the global charter fleet last year.
The 3rd May saw the ninth edition of the prestigious annual World Superyacht Awards announced during a glamorous prize giving ceremony in Amsterdam, a city steeped in maritime history. A host of charter yachts received awards across all categories this year, including: the 33m QUARANTA (Catamaran Award), 51m motor yacht AUSPICIOUS (Refitted Yacht), 63.5m classic yacht MIKHAIL S. VORNTOSOV (Spirit of Tradition Award) and new to the charter fleet 71m superyacht ENIGMA XK (Yacht Conversion).
Two awards were given to what the judges consider to be stand-out vessels, a motor yacht and a sailing yacht. The legendary 99m superyacht MADAME GU took the prize for Motor Yacht of the Year whilst charter yacht INUKSHUK was awarded Sailing Yacht of the Year. Built in 2013 by Baltic Yachts, she was recognised with an almost unanimous decision for her combination of exceptional sailing performance with high levels of comfort and customisation.
Other contributing factors were her elegant lines which derived from the drawing board of the highly acclaimed German Frers as well as her uncluttered charter guest-friendly deck spaces and cutting-edge sailing systems. Her and well-appointed four stateroom layout of her Adam Lay Studio designed interior was also noted for its exceptional finishes and comfortable, modern and pristine ambience.
INUKSHUK was also awarded the ShowBoats Design Awards ‘Interior Design Award – Sailing Yachts’ and ‘Exterior Design and Styling Award’ in February, meaning she is shaping up to be a very exciting addition to the charter market. She available for charter at weekly rates starting from $53,904 in low season and, contact your preferred charter broker for more details.
See all sailing yachts for charter.
she was recognised with an almost unanimous decision for her combination of exceptional sailing performance with high levels of comfort and customisation
More Yacht Information
Inukshuk Yacht For Charter
33m Baltic Yachts, 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...