Following rigorous sea trials, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ERICA has been delivered by Dutch yard Heesen.
Formerly known as Project Boreas, superyacht ERICA has been delivered to her owner.
The model marks the fourth yacht delivered in four months by the Netherlands-based shipyard.
ERICA features an exterior by Omega Architects and interiors by Mark Whiteley Design, who worked closely with the owner until completion.
Heesen’s newest addition to the fleet features two MTU 12V 2000M72 engines, making ERICA capable of reaching 20 knots.
This exceeded expectations during sea trials, much to the owner and Heesen’s delight.
Footage below shows her impressive volume as she passes through the waterways of Holland to begin sea trials.
Omega Architects Design have created a striking superstructure composed entirely of aluminium.
The various shades of grey and black accents around the floor-to-ceiling windows and doors create a military look.
However, her curves lessen the domineering appearance, giving a sense of elegance and timelessness to the yacht.
Coming in at 499 GT, the motor yacht is certain to turn heads on her maiden voyage to the Mediterranean.
The owner was quite involved in the details. The shipyard handled it all very well and the boat is exactly how he wanted it.
The details of Mark Whiteley Designs interior remains under wraps.
However, Heesen has revealed they will be contemporary and geometric, using lots of natural light at the owner's request.
She contains bespoke furniture and impressive features such as a nickel mass wall by Sophie Mallebranche. Her 6 cabins are sure to be equally impressive.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.