Following rigorous sea trials, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ERICA has been delivered by Dutch yard Heesen.
Formerly known as Project Boreas, superyacht ERICA has been delivered to her owner.
The model marks the fourth yacht delivered in four months by the Netherlands-based shipyard.
ERICA features an exterior by Omega Architects and interiors by Mark Whiteley Design, who worked closely with the owner until completion.
Heesen’s newest addition to the fleet features two MTU 12V 2000M72 engines, making ERICA capable of reaching 20 knots.
This exceeded expectations during sea trials, much to the owner and Heesen’s delight.
Footage below shows her impressive volume as she passes through the waterways of Holland to begin sea trials.
Omega Architects Design have created a striking superstructure composed entirely of aluminium.
The various shades of grey and black accents around the floor-to-ceiling windows and doors create a military look.
However, her curves lessen the domineering appearance, giving a sense of elegance and timelessness to the yacht.
Coming in at 499 GT, the motor yacht is certain to turn heads on her maiden voyage to the Mediterranean.
The owner was quite involved in the details. The shipyard handled it all very well and the boat is exactly how he wanted it.
The details of Mark Whiteley Designs interior remains under wraps.
However, Heesen has revealed they will be contemporary and geometric, using lots of natural light at the owner's request.
She contains bespoke furniture and impressive features such as a nickel mass wall by Sophie Mallebranche. Her 6 cabins are sure to be equally impressive.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...