Hitting the waters for the first time in January, NAJIBA was delivered to her owner last week. The superyacht, which has a name meaning ‘noble’ in Arabic, has now set off on her maiden voyage to Bergen, Norway.
Built under the name Project 699, the superyacht sports signature exterior design from Vitruvius Yachts, while naval architecture comes courtesy of Philippe Briand and De Voogt.
According to Vitruvius Yachts, NAJIBA "has been designed for efficiency and to deliberately express purity through minimalist, striking lines." She is the fifth yacht to come from the drawing boards of the British-based design firm.
The interiors of the yacht have been designed by Studio Liagre with the aim to replicate the clean, light-infused atmosphere of a beachside villa, and features plenty of “immaculate white surfaces”, according to the studio.
Our interpretation of beauty is a stretched, low profile.
The superyacht provides accommodation for 12 guests in six cabins. Amenities include a spa pool on the sundeck, a secluded seating area on the foredeck and a large social area on the aft deck.
Designer Philippe Briand previously said: “Our interpretation of beauty is a stretched, low profile [and] this spirit runs from the keel to the mast — it is fresh, pure and transparent.”
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.