Experienced in chartering some of the world’s finest yachts, the new owner was able to have a significant input into the design of TIS, with contributions made on nearly every aspect of the new build. This ranged from guest accommodation to propulsion packages to crew area design.
Through first-hand experience, he knew what features, amenities and layout best fited around his cruising lifestyle and he was able to transfer this invaluable insight into building the new six-deck motor yacht.
This demonstrates why it is such a huge advantage for individuals thinking about buying a superyacht to undertake private yacht charters before making the leap to ownership. In fact, over 60 percent of people who buy new superyachts have chartered before.
It was revealed TIS’s owner was able to offer serious contributions to Andrew Winch Design, the London-based firm behind both the exterior and interior design as a result of all his spent chartering yachts.
Among the key features requested are two helipads, a 12-metre swimming pool, a resort-inspired spa and spectacular staircases which, apparently, have only been seen in palaces to date.
The owner also asked for a very large private owner’s deck, and there will be a further 11 guest cabins, allowing superyacht TIS to sleep 22 guests.
Another key feature is the tender garage, which is able to house two 13m tenders, two 10m tenders, a submarine and a huge array of other water toys.
The capacity to hold such a line-up of tenders and water toys is certainly impressive and, by looking at the main image and the person standing dwarfed on the foredeck, you can get a feel of just how huge the proportions of this yacht are.
Recently released on Lurssen’s social media, these new photos also confirm her name to be TIS after previously being known as ‘Project Palo Alto’. She is due to undergo some further work before being delivered to her new owner later this year.
Currently it is unknown whether Superyacht TIS will join the charter fleet, but for more details on chartering other Lurssen yachts, speak to your preferred charter broker.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...