Leisure-friendly initiatives and waterfront expansion projects have strengthened Dubai’s position as a global yachting hotspot, says Norway-based Menon Ecomomics.
Dubai is now among the world’s top 10 maritime capitals and fifth in the world in terms of competiveness and attractiveness, according to the consultancy.
The firm also predicts the city is well on track to become one of the planet’s most important yachting destinations by 2022 due to the large influx of waterfront projects underway and new, recreation-friendly policy initiatives.
What’s more, from 27th February to 3rd March, the global maritime community will turn to Dubai when the Dubai International Boat Show gets underway at the newly opened Dubai Canal, Jumeirah.
The five-day event will shine the spotlight on the city’s new waterfront developments in their brand new venue at the mouth of the canal, as well as the stunning fleet of boats and superyachts in attendance.
There will also be live entertainment, a retail village, a super car promenade and thrilling aquatic experiences for the whole family to enjoy, from kitesurfing and kayaking to sailing and jet-skiing.
The global maritime community will turn to Dubai when the Dubai International Boat Show gets underway at the newly opened Dubai Canal
Dubai owes its rise in the maritime destination rankings to a steady growth in marine projects and berth space, as well as initiatives such as Sea Dubai, a programme that aims to integrate and streamline the city’s maritime leisure products.
Among the new waterfront plans are the Dubai Harbour Project, which alone includes a 1,400-berth marina, and a number of new seaside developments, including Al Seef, La Mer and The Beach on JBR.
The Dubai Canal, the site of the upcoming show, meanwhile, is a 3.2-km extension which cuts through the city and connects with the Arabian Gulf. It adds 6.4km of waterfront to the city and has created 80,000 sqm of space for public space and facilities.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...