Discovering Alaska on Charter Yacht TALOS
Speaking on the TALOS experience charter guests can expect to enjoy, U.S. born Captain Jordan Wells, commented “We had great whale shows, lots of bear encounters, the fishing was great and so was the weather.”
The experienced Captain has unrivalled expertise on local cruising grounds and getting the most out of a charter of TALOS, after 7 summers in Alaska and spending more than half of his 12 years as Captain.
Further reflecting on the season, he added that the highlights were “definitely the wildlife encounters and having beautiful days for fishing. And we got really good views of whales lunge feeding and bubble net feeding.”
Up close and personal encounters with the majestic whales of Alaska (including humpbacks and orcas) are a rarity on a charter vacation, with less than 20 superyachts marketed as available in the state.
‘Lung feeding’ is the once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing whales rise to the surface with mouths open after raking the water for food, and ‘bubble net feeding’ involves seeing the whales blow a series of bubbles to the ocean’s surface to attract prey.
Delivered in 1993 by Benetti’s Flagship Yachts, motor yacht TALOS’s interior was comprehensively updated in 2014 to be in excellent condition for charter vacations.
Classic modern in style, she provides comfortable accommodation for up to 8 guests in 4 staterooms, and travels with a crew of 6. Outdoor living is catered for with a bar, Jenn-Air grill and dining area and ample sun pads, with exceptional views also on offer from her flybridge – which can be either open or enclosed. Guests can expect to dine on gourmet meals featuring freshly caught seafood, and sip on cocktails cooled with glacier ice to be part of the everyday experience on board TALOS.
An array of toys are on board, including kayaks and range of fishing equipment - ideal for catching the finest halibut, in addition to a 18ft tender with a 115 HP motor.
Alaska can continually be a unique experience due to the calving of glaciers. During the summer Captain Jordan Wells said that “They were constantly changing, so week to week it is always a new experience.”
Currently docked at Nautical Landing in Seattle, she will remain in the area for the winter season, rather than heading to the Sea of Cortez.
Please get in touch with your preferred charter broker to enquire about M/Y TALOS’s charter availability in Alaska for summer 2016. Or take the time to compare all luxury yachts for charter in Alaska.
More Yacht Information
Serenity Yacht For Charter
37m Flagship, 1993 / 2014
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...