Speaking on the TALOS experience charter guests can expect to enjoy, U.S. born Captain Jordan Wells, commented “We had great whale shows, lots of bear encounters, the fishing was great and so was the weather.”
The experienced Captain has unrivalled expertise on local cruising grounds and getting the most out of a charter of TALOS, after 7 summers in Alaska and spending more than half of his 12 years as Captain.
Further reflecting on the season, he added that the highlights were “definitely the wildlife encounters and having beautiful days for fishing. And we got really good views of whales lunge feeding and bubble net feeding.”
Up close and personal encounters with the majestic whales of Alaska (including humpbacks and orcas) are a rarity on a charter vacation, with less than 20 superyachts marketed as available in the state.
‘Lung feeding’ is the once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing whales rise to the surface with mouths open after raking the water for food, and ‘bubble net feeding’ involves seeing the whales blow a series of bubbles to the ocean’s surface to attract prey.
Delivered in 1993 by Benetti’s Flagship Yachts, motor yacht TALOS’s interior was comprehensively updated in 2014 to be in excellent condition for charter vacations.
Classic modern in style, she provides comfortable accommodation for up to 8 guests in 4 staterooms, and travels with a crew of 6. Outdoor living is catered for with a bar, Jenn-Air grill and dining area and ample sun pads, with exceptional views also on offer from her flybridge – which can be either open or enclosed. Guests can expect to dine on gourmet meals featuring freshly caught seafood, and sip on cocktails cooled with glacier ice to be part of the everyday experience on board TALOS.
An array of toys are on board, including kayaks and range of fishing equipment - ideal for catching the finest halibut, in addition to a 18ft tender with a 115 HP motor.
Alaska can continually be a unique experience due to the calving of glaciers. During the summer Captain Jordan Wells said that “They were constantly changing, so week to week it is always a new experience.”
Currently docked at Nautical Landing in Seattle, she will remain in the area for the winter season, rather than heading to the Sea of Cortez.
Please get in touch with your preferred charter broker to enquire about M/Y TALOS’s charter availability in Alaska for summer 2016. Or take the time to compare all luxury yachts for charter in Alaska.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...