Speaking on the TALOS experience charter guests can expect to enjoy, U.S. born Captain Jordan Wells, commented “We had great whale shows, lots of bear encounters, the fishing was great and so was the weather.”
The experienced Captain has unrivalled expertise on local cruising grounds and getting the most out of a charter of TALOS, after 7 summers in Alaska and spending more than half of his 12 years as Captain.
Further reflecting on the season, he added that the highlights were “definitely the wildlife encounters and having beautiful days for fishing. And we got really good views of whales lunge feeding and bubble net feeding.”
Up close and personal encounters with the majestic whales of Alaska (including humpbacks and orcas) are a rarity on a charter vacation, with less than 20 superyachts marketed as available in the state.
‘Lung feeding’ is the once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing whales rise to the surface with mouths open after raking the water for food, and ‘bubble net feeding’ involves seeing the whales blow a series of bubbles to the ocean’s surface to attract prey.
Delivered in 1993 by Benetti’s Flagship Yachts, motor yacht TALOS’s interior was comprehensively updated in 2014 to be in excellent condition for charter vacations.
Classic modern in style, she provides comfortable accommodation for up to 8 guests in 4 staterooms, and travels with a crew of 6. Outdoor living is catered for with a bar, Jenn-Air grill and dining area and ample sun pads, with exceptional views also on offer from her flybridge – which can be either open or enclosed. Guests can expect to dine on gourmet meals featuring freshly caught seafood, and sip on cocktails cooled with glacier ice to be part of the everyday experience on board TALOS.
An array of toys are on board, including kayaks and range of fishing equipment - ideal for catching the finest halibut, in addition to a 18ft tender with a 115 HP motor.
Alaska can continually be a unique experience due to the calving of glaciers. During the summer Captain Jordan Wells said that “They were constantly changing, so week to week it is always a new experience.”
Currently docked at Nautical Landing in Seattle, she will remain in the area for the winter season, rather than heading to the Sea of Cortez.
Please get in touch with your preferred charter broker to enquire about M/Y TALOS’s charter availability in Alaska for summer 2016. Or take the time to compare all luxury yachts for charter in Alaska.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 Of The Best Brand New Yachts To Charter In 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best brand new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 Brand New Charter Yachts To Look Out For In 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...