With a strong breeze and clear skies, the St Barths Bucket 2016 came to a dramatic close this Sunday.
Defying expectations, the results were anything but predictable, with day-one under-achievers becoming final day over-achievers to take to the podium in St Barts.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the three day event, however, was catching sight of some of the entrants which are also available for luxury charter vacations.
A popular vessel on the regatta scene, the 38m/125ft sailing yacht P2 fought off stiff competition to win her two final races, a performance which ultimately saw her collect the gold medal in Class B.
A multi-award winner, P2 was named by the World Superyacht Awards as the sailing yacht of the year when she was delivered in 2009 and boasts a range of amenities which make her ideal for a more adventurous charter vacation.
Indeed, her well-appointed main salon and refreshingly designed staterooms make her an incredibly well-rounded yacht.
Nominated for awards for both her interior and naval architecture, OHANA is no doubt just as impressive when cruising as she is in the midst of an action-packed race.
Designed by her discerning owner and Fitzroy, the inside of the yacht is uniquely furnished and expertly anticipates all the needs of her guests.
Expected to be available in Spain over summer, she is ideal for visiting one of the more exclusive charter destinations.
Another award-winner, the 59m/192ft sailing yacht SEAHAWK was also shortlisted for her impressive sail arrangement and interiors.
Though she didn’t pick up any medals at this year’s regatta, her distinctive red sail had all of the crowd talking over the weekend.
Combing her seagoing capabilities with facilities primed for relaxing, she is expected to be in the South Pacific this summer
Preserving the elite glamour commonly associated with regattas, the St. Barth’s Bucket is one of the best ways to see charter yachts reaching their full potential
Straddling performance with comfort, the 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA has the ability to go from ‘family mode’ to ‘sailing’ mode inside of ten minutes.
Leading proceedings on day one, she set a high standard for Class B, and ultimately set the pace for the entire weekend.
Delivered in 2013 from Vitters, and picking up the award for Best Sailing Yacht over 40m in 2014, she comfortably accommodates up to 8 guests across a range of 4 highly styled staterooms.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...