Bernie Ecclestone has ensured that the Monaco Grand Prix will continue in the same way until at least 2020. But in all honesty, who would have it any other way? The most famous Grand Prix circuit in the world is back again this Sunday, with Lewis Hamilton the front runner, hoping for a chance to win it again, after his first victory in 2008.
As far as Corporate Yacht Charter is concerned, the Monaco Grand Prix is the ultimate event to visit on board a superyacht, not least because if you manage to get a berth in the renowned Zone A trackside section, the vantage point is almost unrivalled, with a perfect view of the Monaco tunnel exit and the Nouvelle chicane.
The larger superyachts inside Port Hercule in Monaco are berthed at T-dock and this year a number of high profile charter yachts are present including the new 58m custom build from Benetti motor yacht Illusion V, Force Blue, Hurrican Run, Global and Sunseeker's 155ft motor yacht Blush. One notable absence this year is the 95m (311ft) Superyacht Indian Empress who took centre stage last year.
MOTORYACHT 'ST DAVID' is in town though and has taken her place on T-Dock. A 196.85ft /60m custom motor yacht built in 2008 by Benetti and designed by the multi award-winning designer Andrew Winch, it is an ideal boat to charter at this event. The expansive deck areas make her the perfect spot from which to watch the race in style as well as giving you ample opportunity to host guests in spacious comfort in the evening for a celebratory soiree.
Her beautiful exterior and interior design makes it one to look out for in the harbour on Sunday and the fact it comes complete with an outdoor cinema and private nightclub, as well as spa and massage facilities makes it an all-round luxury floating haven.
Monaco is a spectacle, with or without the Grand Prix but on Sunday, the race will be awash with politicians, celebrities and royalty, not to mention the crowds of spectators all soaking up the enormity of the event.
MOTOR YACHT LAUREN L is the largest yacht in attendance at this year's Grand Prix, a truly magnificent vessel which offers luxury amenities and has a minimum of one crew member for each passenger on board. It is undoubtedly a unique venue for large events or large private parties and will be the perfect place to soak up the atmosphere in Monte Carlo.
Monaco is a spectacle, with or without the Grand Prix but on Sunday, the race will be awash with billionaires, A-list celebrities and royalty, not to mention the crowds of spectators all soaking up the enormity of the event. Monaco is the only race in the calendar which does not pay to host it - and as Bernie Ecclestone said, “Monaco does more for us than we do for it.”
Jensen Button, winner in 2009, said 'In many ways, Monaco is what Formula 1 is all about. You’ve got lots of glamour, a brilliant atmosphere and one of the most demanding racetracks on the calendar. Every corner is a huge challenge and that’s so thrilling for a driver.'
If you want to be part of this atmosphere in Monaco next year then booking well in advance is an absolute must. To find out more about the different kinds of yachts that are available for private hire or corporate charter, please contact your preferred charter broker.
For further information, check out our comprehensive guide about chartering a superyacht at the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...