A fierce racing competitor, METEOR forms part of the regatta’s new Corinthian Spirit class for yachts that prefer racing without a spinnaker and/or a smaller crew. The only charter yacht registered, she will go head-to-head with three other entries, including Perini Navi’s sailing yacht ZENJI.
Overall, 11 superyachts will be competing in three classes in what will be the second edition of the Candy Store Cup. Organised and hosted by Newport Shipyard and Bannister’s Wharf, it offers three day of spectacular racing alongside an exciting shore-side programme.
Newport Shipyard has become the epicentre of the superyacht industry in New England and is uniquely positioned on the Newport waterfront to allow the public to view the yachts berthed there.
The cup’s format calls for pursuit style racing on Rhode Island Sound, with one race planned for each of the three days. Racing begins at 1pm off Castle Hill and will provide a stunning visual for those watching from vantage points along the shore of Narragansett Bay’s East Passage.
Luxury yacht METEOR will make her return to the event after an impressive second-place finish at last year’s fixture. A 2007-launch from Royal Huisman, she was originally built for dedicated racers.
Her designers drew on the tradition of the Gloucester schooners, vessels that were strong, fast and seaworthy in even the most challenging of conditions. But, despite her classic looks, she boasts today’s advanced technologies to optimise her performance and seakeeping.
In 2008, the sailing yacht was the recipient of three World Superyacht Awards, and she is an ideal choice for yacht-goers wanting to combine performance with a beautiful John Munford interior, which includes a wood-burning fire in the main salon, on their private charter vacation.
Luxury yacht METEOR will make her return to the event after an impressive second-place finish at last year’s fixture
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.