Maintaining her unique edge, the 81m/266ft motor yacht AIR recently spent nine weeks in a purpose-built facility at Monaco Marine having her matt black hull repainted.
Originally delivered from Feadship in 2011, superyacht AIR has forever attracted attention thanks to her distinctive hull. Indeed, unlike other motor yachts and sailing yachts, the matt black finish creates a non-reflective surface which truly sets her apart in port.
A rigorously tested solution, one of the owners at the iconic Dutch shipyard even had his own car painted in this fashion to ensure its quality before applying the finish to one of the largest Feadship superyachts ever built.
Now entering her fifth year on the water, it was no surprise to learn that AIR had entered a refit facility in October to freshen up before going away on private yacht charter vacations in the Caribbean.
What is really interesting, however, is the lengths that the team at Monaco Marine went to when repainting her hull.
With over a thousand square metres to cover, and numerous coatings required to produce the desired texture, the project saw an experienced team of painters from Rolling Stock join the team at the French refit yard.
Working inside of a bespoke ‘transformation cocoon’, the collaborative project was undertaken in a climate-controlled environment which provided the ideal conditions for carrying out such exacting work.
Finishing a week ahead of schedule, the teams were reportedly delighted with the outcome and are confident that AIR looks better than ever as she heads out for charter once again.
Looking and feeling like the day she did upon delivery, superyacht AIR is perfectly primed for charter vacations in 2017
The perfect complement to the features found on board, the freshly repainted hull serves as an excellent finishing touch.
Indeed, as a superyacht shortlisted for prestigious awards, it’s only fitting that she causes a visual sensation when seen underway and at-anchor.
As well as a generously proportioned swimming pool on the bow and a number of modern communal areas throughout her interior and exterior spaces, AIR also features well-appointed accommodation for up to 12 guests.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y AIR, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Caribbean.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.