The Cannes Yachting Festival is celebrating a successful 42nd edition of the boat show after the five-day event drew to a close yesterday.
As ever, YachtCharterFleet was on the ground in the South of France to bring you live coverage and up-to-date information from the show.
Now, we're looking back at all the stand-out moments from the annual yachting meet.
Day one of the yacht show was met with dark clouds, driving rain and attendees wielding umbrellas.
In spite of the inclement weather, serious clients still took to the boardwalks for yacht viewings, and benefitted from fewer crowds and less waiting time between appointments.
Cannes is one of the few boat shows in the world which allow sea trials to take place during the show. A bridge was regularly closed off and opened to allow yachts to cruise out into the open sea, with prospective clients and yacht brokers on board to get a feel for their performance.
Bright sun and clear skies welcomed day 2 of the yachting festival.
This year was the first to introduce a dedicated area for sailing yachts, which debuted at Port Pierre Canto.
The new move aims to provide a more diverse lineup for attendees, and proved popular at this year's event. Organisers have said it will be making a return for 2020.
As well as the sailing zone, Port Canto also played host to the brokerage and sales area of the show. A water taxi shuttle service was on hand to ferry attendees between the two ports.
From day two onwards, the Cannes Yachting Festival enjoyed hot weather. Stands selling freshly-squeezed orange juice and ice-cream were invariably popular.
The visible presence of shipyards and brokerage houses made it easy to source relevant information throughout the show.
Alongside the on-the-water action, the Cannes Yachting Festival had plenty of exhibitors representing top shipyards and brokerage houses in attendance. Their visible presence at the show made it easy for attendees to source relevant information and advice throughout the show.
Of the boats on display at the show, 101 superyachts measuring over 23m were in attendance. Of those, we saw 94 debuts and 19 superyachts available for crewed yacht charters.
Arcadia's brand new 31m/104ft motor yacht 'Sea Coral II' generated a lot of excitement as the second hull in Arcadia's 105 series. Sporting a distinctive charcoal-grey profile, the 199GT semi-planing superyacht welcomed plenty of show-goers on board.
Cantiere delle Marche's 33m/110ft luxury yacht 'Mimi La Sardine' also attracted lots of attention from her berth in Vieux Port, and her award-winning interiors were a hit among attendees.
With clear skies and minimal swell for the second half of the yacht show, tender journeys to view the yachts out an anchor were easily possible.
One yacht out at anchor was Oceanco's 91.5m/300ft superyacht TRANQUILITY. Formerly known as EQUANIMITY, the superyacht made headlines recently when she played host to Kylie Jenner's 22nd birthday yacht charter.
The dates for the Cannes Yachting Festival 2020 have already been revealed, so mark a date in your calendars; the Cannes yacht show will be back between 8-13 September 2020.
YachtCharterFleet will be back again next year to provide you with more up-to-date news coverage live from the show.
If you like to learn more about attending the Cannes Yachting Festival next year, please get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.