With a strong breeze and clear skies, the St Barths Bucket 2016 came to a dramatic close this Sunday.
Defying expectations, the results were anything but predictable, with day-one under-achievers becoming final day over-achievers to take to the podium in St Barts.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the three day event, however, was catching sight of some of the entrants which are also available for luxury charter vacations.
A popular vessel on the regatta scene, the 38m/125ft sailing yacht P2 fought off stiff competition to win her two final races, a performance which ultimately saw her collect the gold medal in Class B.
A multi-award winner, P2 was named by the World Superyacht Awards as the sailing yacht of the year when she was delivered in 2009 and boasts a range of amenities which make her ideal for a more adventurous charter vacation.
Indeed, her well-appointed main salon and refreshingly designed staterooms make her an incredibly well-rounded yacht.
Nominated for awards for both her interior and naval architecture, OHANA is no doubt just as impressive when cruising as she is in the midst of an action-packed race.
Designed by her discerning owner and Fitzroy, the inside of the yacht is uniquely furnished and expertly anticipates all the needs of her guests.
Expected to be available in Spain over summer, she is ideal for visiting one of the more exclusive charter destinations.
Another award-winner, the 59m/192ft sailing yacht SEAHAWK was also shortlisted for her impressive sail arrangement and interiors.
Though she didn’t pick up any medals at this year’s regatta, her distinctive red sail had all of the crowd talking over the weekend.
Combing her seagoing capabilities with facilities primed for relaxing, she is expected to be in the South Pacific this summer
Preserving the elite glamour commonly associated with regattas, the St. Barth’s Bucket is one of the best ways to see charter yachts reaching their full potential
Straddling performance with comfort, the 46m/151ft sailing yacht GANESHA has the ability to go from ‘family mode’ to ‘sailing’ mode inside of ten minutes.
Leading proceedings on day one, she set a high standard for Class B, and ultimately set the pace for the entire weekend.
Delivered in 2013 from Vitters, and picking up the award for Best Sailing Yacht over 40m in 2014, she comfortably accommodates up to 8 guests across a range of 4 highly styled staterooms.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...