A former Soviet icebreaker, LEGEND was transformed into a sumptuous go-anywhere explorer at Dutch shipyard Icon Yachts in 2016. Now she is offering guests the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the wonderfully wild and astoundingly beautiful waters of Greenland.
Guests will cruise from Ilulissat to Nuuk, situated along the western coast of the island, where the snow-capped alpine ranges just south of the Arctic Circle are famous for coastal heli-skiing on peaks of up to 2,000 metres and, at an extra cost, this is possible aboard the expedition yacht.
Included in her special rate, however, is use of a three-man submarine, which usually costs an extra €85,000 per week. Dive under the ice and discover the fascinating underwater world, as well as exploring the glaciers and sublime on-land scenery by kayaks, dog sledges and snow mobiles.
With a 7,640 nautical mile range, certified heli-pad and ice-breaking hull, she is certainly well-suited to venturing through the remote waters of the region, and is also available this summer in Norway and other destinations in Northern Europe before heading to South America for the winter.
Luxury yacht LEGEND is one of the few offerings on the charter market capable of accommodating 26 guests on a private yacht charter. Among the 13 staterooms are a master suite, two VIP suites, four double cabins and six twin cabins, and all take their names from big cities such as Paris and Amsterdam.
Not only is she primed for adventures, she also features a warm, welcoming and handsome interior from designers Thomas Beeren and Jan Verkerk. Highlights include a classically styled main salon, an Opti-myst fireplace, a whisky bar and cigar lounge, a 14-seat cinema and a fully-equipped gym.
Guests can also unwind in the lower deck Balinese spa, complete with a central spa, sauna and massage room. Outside areas across four decks offer lots of space to relax in too. Soak up the stunning surrounds while taking a dip in the swimming pool or dining alfresco with loved ones
Not only is LEGEND primed for adventures, she also features a warm, welcoming and handsome interior full of luxurious amenities
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.