The 71m/233ft luxury explorer yacht ‘Enigma XK’ has teamed up with expedition experts EYOS Expeditions to offer the ultimate in bespoke once-in-a-lifetime superyacht experiences.
Having been built originally in 1987 to serve as a Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency (SFPA) vessel, ‘Enigma XK’ was re-launched late last year following an extensive three-year rebuild project to convert her into a charter yacht of exceptional standards. She immediately captured the yachting industry’s attention with her combination of world-exploration possibilities and wide selection of luxury amenities, even receiving a prestigious nomination in the World Superyacht Awards ‘Best Refitted/Rebuilt’ category.
Due to head out to Antarctica for the upcoming season in the next few months, it has now been announced that ‘Enigma XK’ will be partnering with EYOS Expeditions to take her chartering potential to a whole new level. Two members of staff from the EYOS team along with the yacht’s crew of 21 will be travelling to Antarctica in order to create unique, multi-faceted itineraries in the far reaches of the world. Their extensive knowledge of these regions combined with concern for environmentally sensitive travel and guest safety as well as logistical support such as private aircraft permits will elevate any expedition charter to unlimited levels of luxury adventure.
EYOS Expeditions also work alongside the 47m/154ft ‘Hanse Explorer’ and the 45m/147ft ‘Big Fish’ in a charter market that has seen growing demand for this type of experiential travel. Enigma XK’s Owner is keen to offer charter guests a true superyacht adventure while still providing sleek, stylish interior design and an impressive line-up of facilities. Her striking exterior was re-designed by Phillipe Briand, who was also responsible for the design of explorer yacht EXUMA, while his team at Vitrivius styled her beautifully contemporary interior.
‘Enigma XK’ is one of the top five largest expedition charter yachts, described by her Captain Iltud Orio as a “well-equipped, go-anywhere yacht that will be just as comfortable navigating the Northwest Passage as calling at coastal villages in Papua New Guinea.” EYOS Expeditions will continue to work with the yacht on future expeditions and by the looks of it there are no limits to where she can go.
For more information about booking a charter on board ‘Enigma XK’ contact your preferred charter broker.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.