The 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan da Cunha and Saint Helena.
A rare yacht charter opportunity to charter in the most remote region on earth has become available on board superyacht AQUIJO this October.
This autumn, she will be exploring the volcanic island chain between South America and South Africa.
The sailing yacht is primed for intrepid charter guests looking to get off the beaten track while still living in the lap of luxury.
AQUIJO is the world’s largest ketch, and offers a variety of modern amenities combined with high-performance sailing capacity.
A South Atlantic adventure
Scattered across the South Atlantic ocean lie the islands of Ascension, St Helena, Tristan da Cunha and the aptly-named Inaccessible Island.
Ascension Island is the largest island, and is located the furthest north.
It sits on the tip of an undersea volcano, and is home to fascinating lava plains, white sandy beaches and a subtropical climate year-round.
A marine reserve encircles the island, creating abundant opportunities for diving and underwater exploration. The vibrant underwater ecosystem includes green turtles, whales and sharks. Sportfishing is also highly popular, but only in select areas.
Set adrift from Ascension is the island chain of Tristan da Cunha, which is known for being the most remote inhabited island in the world. It is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an important breeding ground for a number of endemic bird species.
While chartering a yacht around the island, guests should step on shore to experience incredible walks, breathtaking views and a look at life in one of the most inaccessible places on earth.
One of the most well-equipped sailing yachts in the charter fleet
A joint effort between Vitters and Oceanco, Aquijo was delivered in 2016, and since then she has had plenty of experience circumnavigating the globe. She is no stranger to adventure, and provides a highly luxurious experience for her guests while chartering.
She provides accommodation for 12 guests in seven stylishly-furnished cabins, which includes a spacious owner’s suite with a private deck area.
The sailing yacht has many of the alluring features you might expect to find on board a motor yacht. This includes a beach club with an indoor jacuzzi and a large sauna and steam room.
This area is adjoined by a generous swim platform with a chic beach club set-up.
She has no shortage of alfresco areas for her guests to enjoy. Among the most popular is her sundeck, which benefits from a jacuzzi and a variety of lounging options.
Formal dining is provided for up to 20 guests in an innovative indoor-outdoor dining and bar area on the aft deck.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.