Spread across seven show locations, FLIBS is the largest on-water boat show in the world, drawing an impressively diverse crowd of buyers, sellers and industry professionals to Fort Lauderdale each year.
The upcoming 2017 edition will take place from 1st to 5th November and among the amazing array of boats on show will be a magnificent fleet of superyachts. Read on to discover the top five luxury charter yachts set to be wowing the crowds when the boating event gets underway.
A charter yacht not to be missed at FLIBS 2017 is the 50m/164ft luxury yacht ‘Silver Lining’. The Christensen build, in fact, made her debut at last year's edition alongside her sistership luxury yacht CHASSEUR and she is expected to once again be a big hit among show-goers.
Among her top features are a certified touch-and-go helipad, an elevator to all decks and an opulent interior designed by Kimberly Graham. Black American walnut panelling and exquisite stonework throughout create a beautiful atmosphere in which to unwind, socialise and dine.
Opportunities for entertaining and relaxation continue onto the exterior deck areas. Sure to be the hub of outdoor living on a private yacht charter is the sundeck. With a Jacuzzi, sunpads, a large bar, casual seating areas and a dayhead, there is no reason to leave this top-level retreat.
Gracing the Fort Lauderdale boating event after appearing at September’s Monaco Yacht Show is the 63m/208ft expedition yacht SURI. Converted into a superyacht in 2007, she is the ultimate combination of luxury and adventure for discerning thrill-seekers and their families.
Usually found chartering in far-flung destinations such as Antarctica, South East Asia and Tahiti, she is perfect for off-the-beaten-track adventures, with the latest water toys, scuba diving equipment and on-board dive master, and a helicopter and seaplane to reach areas inaccessible to most.
She is also packed full of modern amenities. After a day of discovery, charterers can wind down with a massage or steam bath, rejuvenate over a delicious alfresco dinner and relax in a choice of lounging areas before retreating to one of the seven sumptuous staterooms for the night.
Having made her worldwide debut at MYS 2017, the 50m/164ft charter yacht VERTIGE is now signed up to attend FLIBS 2017. A guaranteed head-turner, due to her plumb bow and powerful lines, she is the first in Tankoa’s S501 series and customised with charterers in mind.
Francesco Paszkowski headed up both the exterior styling and the warm and welcoming interior design. Inside, natural and bleach teak and dark polished rosewood achieve a ‘modern interpretation of the 1950s’, while the outdoor spaces are large, comfortable and suitably chic.
Other highlights include an upper salon that doubles as a cinema, fold-down balconies on either side of the master suite, a social sundeck with a teppanyaki grill, bar and Jacuzzi, alfresco dining for 14 on the upper deck aft and a large swim platform with access to a gym.
No stranger to FLIBS, the 78m/257ft superyacht TV will be returning to Fort Lauderdale for the second year in a row. But, as a Lurssen yacht with lines penned by Espen Oeino and a sumptuous interior styled by Alberto Pinto, she is anticipated to be one of the standout yachts of the 2017 edition.
At 78 metres, the 2008 build will be the longest yacht in attendance and visitors will be keen to check out her many highlights. These include a 16-person Jacuzzi with a swim-up bar, a dedicated spa area, a water-level gym with a fold-down terrace and a helipad with a refuelling station.
The accommodation aboard TV is also very impressive. Six of the eight staterooms are located on the main deck and boast huge floor-to-ceiling windows, while the master suite, which spans across the entire upper deck, features its very own Jacuzzi and private balcony.
Arguably the must-see yacht of FLIBS 2017 is the 72m/237ft expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK which, delivered in 2016 by Abeking & Rasmussen, was one of the most exciting launches of last year and, wowing the industry, went on to pick up multiple awards.
Since her delivery, the yacht has been adventuring across the world, utilising her go-anywhere cruising capabilities and extensive water toy chest. A helideck and custom-built helicopter make heli-skiing possible and, after a day on the sloops, guests can warm up in the soothing sauna.
The Christian Liaigre interior, styled to emulate the warm and welcoming atmosphere of a chalet - but on a much grander scale - also invites relaxation. A standout feature is a 60-metre-long corridor on the lower deck that leads directly from a huge beach club to the five guest cabins and crew areas.
CLOUDBREAK has many other highlights in store for those lucky enough to step aboard at the show. Among these are an innovative indoor-outdoor winter garden on the upper deck aft, a ski room and a 10-person spa pool. Plus, also boasting a social side, the yacht's helideck doubles as a party deck.
Since her delivery in 2016, CLOUDBREAK has been adventuring across the world, utilising her go-anywhere cruising capabilities and extensive water toy chest
- 80m COSMOS will be ‘world’s largest and fastest aluminium yacht’ With the capacity to reach speeds nearing 30 knots, Heesen’s 80.7m/ 265ft motor yacht COSMOS combines high performance ...
- 2019 Review: An exceptional year for the luxury yacht charter marketAnother year is drawing to a close, and as we prepare to welcome in 2020, YachtCharterFleet reflects on how the charte...
- S/Y 'Maltese Falcon’ steps in to provide humanitarian aid in the MediterraneanThe 88m/ 289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ reports being involved in a mission to aid the passengers of a small boat...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...
- Foreign-flagged yachts can now charter in AustraliaThe Special Recreational Vessels Bill 2019 has been passed by the Australian parliament, meaning that foreign-flagged y...
- Explorer yacht LEGEND offers incredible Arctic skiing experience with Olympic gold medallistThe 77m/254ft superyacht LEGEND is heading to Greenland and Antarctica to offer unforgettable skiing adventures with Ol...