The 2019 Miami Yacht Show, held in conjunction with Superyacht Miami, has closed its doors after an impressive five-day run at its new home in Downtown Miami.
Running from 14 to 18 February, this year’s yachting showcase welcomed thousands of visitors through its doors. All were keen to check out the line-up of yachts, the lifestyle offerings and the brand new setting at One Herald Plaza, between the MacArthur and Venetian causeways on Biscayne Bay.
It was the first time the 30-year-old show had moved from its former Miami Beach location on Collins Avenue and organisers have already hinted on social media that the 2020 edition will return to the new address.
Attendees at the Miami Yacht Show had the chance to check out a display of close to 500 yachts, as well as a 67,000-square-foot exhibition area housing 200 exhibitors.
One of the key benefits of the location change was to bring this action closer to the Superyacht Miami section of the show, which is held at Island Gardens Deep Harbour on Watson Island.
VIP attendees were able to catch a tender across to the superyachts on display here. Among the fleet was the 95m/312ft superyacht KISMET from Lurssen, which was easily the stand-out yacht of the show.
One of the key benefits of the location change was to bring the action closer to the Superyacht Miami section of the show
She shared the waters with other highly sought-after charter yachts, including the 55m/179ft Turquoise superyacht KINTA, the 50m/165ft superyacht BROADWATER from Feadship and Palmer Johnson's 46m/150ft superyacht 'Grey Matters'.
Other benefits of the show’s new location included more parking spaces, easier access for visitors arriving by public transport and more on-land space, which enabled the show to offer enhanced VIP lounges and more room for luxury brands such as exotic cars and private aviation.
To see even more Instagram images of the yachting event, take a look at our hand-picked gallery of pictures from the Miami Yacht Show 2019.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.