Experience the luxury of Thanda Island and the beauty of surrounding Tanzania on board the 35m/115ft motor yacht ‘Over the Rainbow’ at a reduced rate throughout January.
Offering adventure-hungry charterers the rare opportunity to explore the lesser-travelled cruising grounds of East Africa, the classic motor yacht Over the Rainbow has announced a special rate in the region. On a Tanzania private yacht charter vacation, guests can expect to encounter powdery-sand beaches, desert islands coated in palm trees and pods of whale sharks idling below the waves.
Throughout January 2019, this offer can be extended to include exclusive access to a multi-award winning private island and protected marine reserve in the heart of the Indian Ocean; Thanda Island.
After stepping off the superyacht, guests will enjoy unparalleled luxury as the entire island becomes their own personal oasis. Days can be spent stretching out by the glass-rimmed infinity pool, indulging in pampering spa treatments, and sampling world-class cuisine and speciality cocktails under a tropical sun.
Since being launched in the 1930s by Dickie and Sons, Over the Rainbow has traversed the globe and accrued a fascinating history, with many of her original features still intact. YachtCharterFleet’s editorial team had the privilege of being hosted on board the motor yacht in Tanzania and can attest to her Old-World romance and timeless charm.
Among her stand-out features, we found the yacht houses part of an enormous collection of Ernest Hemingway literature, and her media room is home to a chair thought to have belonged to Winston Churchill.
Above the galley, stained-glass windows allow rainbow-filtered light to flood the room, and on the walls of the salon, the outline of a dartboard from World War II, complete with pinpricks where darts missed their mark, reminds guests that the classic yacht is a valuable piece of maritime history.
Over the Rainbow is perfectly primed for East Africa yacht charters, as she benefits from plenty of alfresco deck spaces where guests can drink in their surrounds. The main deck offers shaded dining, and the expansive sun deck volunteers a large table and sofa-style seating, adjoined by reclining chairs and an observation deck. At night, candles light up the space, creating the perfect ambience for gazing up at a clear night sky studded with stars.
During the day, a wealth of water toys will allow guests to make the most out of the turquoise waters and resplendent marine life. The experienced captain can organise excursions to remote islands and pristine sandbanks encircled by coral gardens, and provide snorkelling equipment and Seabobs to get closer to octopi, starfish and reef sharks darting through the shallows.
The interiors of the luxury yacht have been styled to maximise her vintage beauty, with elegant paintings, polished wood and bespoke accents. Accommodation is provided for 11 guests across four cabins, which enjoy an impressive configuration to ensure the entire charter party is catered to.
After an excitement-packed few days, guests can envelope themselves in secluded serenity on Thanda Island. The yacht will deliver guests directly to the island retreat, and a helicopter pick-up will transfer them to Dar es Salaam airport at the end of their stay.
As the editorial team soon discovered, Thanda Island’s idyllic setting suitably complements the island’s vast selection of wellness facilities and devoted relaxation areas. Guests can enjoy yoga, meditation and reiki sessions from various locations around the eight-hectare islet, as well as massages, body treatments and a copper bath on the beach overlooking the water.
Lofty cabanas and a plethora of sun-loungers peppering the main terrace offer additional places to recline and absorb an abundance of beauty all around.
For a little more action, guests can take to the floodlit sports court and engage in a game of tennis or volleyball, followed by a refreshing dip in the sea. Water toys including kayaks, paddleboards, Jet-Skis and water tubes are on hand for fun on the water, but for a closer look at the protected marine reserve, a resident marine biologist can accompany you on a snorkelling trip to view the coral nurseries.
With so much to see and do, everyone who takes advantage of this special offer will find something to enthral, captivate and make memories to last a lifetime.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Coronavirus: Where can I charter a yacht right now?As Coronavirus travel restrictions start to relax around the world, you might be considering booking one of the safest ...
- Bahamas Yacht Charters: The best luxury yachts you can book right nowWith the Bahamas set to reopen to yachts on June 15, there’s no better time to book a tropical getaway on board a luxur...
- New COVID-19 research suggests conditions associated with superyachts could kill Coronavirus in 2 minutesCOVID-19 particles can’t live for longer than 2 minutes when exposed to direct sunlight high temperatures or humidity, ...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...