The 31st edition of the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta will bring together a fine fleet of classic, vintage and traditional superyachts in the idyllic waters of Antigua for a week-long racing programme from Wednesday 18 April.
An established date in the Caribbean’s yachting calendar, the long-running regatta, based at the Antigua Yacht Club Marina, is renowned for its magical combination of serious racing, laid-back Antiguan hospitality and friendly camaraderie.
The meet begins with an opening ceremony and welcome party before the Concours d’Elegance and Single-Handed Race get underway the next day on 19 April. This is then followed by four days of thrilling racing and a plethora of on-shore social activities.
Among the list of 2018 entries are dozens of classic and vintage ketches, sloops, schooners, yawls and tall ships, and some of these competitors are even part of the global charter fleet.
One of the most famous charter yachts competing will be the 55m/190ft sailing yacht EROS. Launched in 1939, she underwent a monumental renovation in 2010 and now recalls her illustrious past while offering exceptional levels of comfort and enjoyment to all those on board.
In comparison, the 39m/127ft charter yacht ATALANTE, built by Claasen Shipyards in 2015, is one of the newest yachts signed up for the regatta. On the surface, she reflects the beauty and simple elegance of a true vintage, but she is equipped with the latest technology and a modern interior.
The long-running regatta is renowned for its magical combination of serious racing, laid-back Antiguan hospitality and friendly camaraderie.
Similarly, the 55m/179ft charter yacht CHRONOS, launched in 2013, will be showcasing her racing prowess. She was actually designed to cater for larger charter parties but will no doubt turn heads as she cuts through the waters of Antigua thanks to her sheer scale and magnificent sails.
The 43m/141ft charter yacht COLUMBIA is another new build set to wow the crowds. She is a faithful replica of the original COLUMBIA, a wooden fishing boat built in 1923 with an accomplished racing history.
To be eligible for the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta, all entries must have a full keel, be of moderate to heavy displacement, built of wood or steel, and be of traditional rig and appearance. The racing will conclude with a prize-giving ceremony in Nelson’s Dockyard on 23 April.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...