A record fleet of nearly 90 yachts are getting ready to compete in the 10th edition of the RORC Caribbean 600, which kicks off in Antigua on Monday 19th February.
Teams from at least 22 nations have entered this year’s off-shore race, with superyachts, maxis, multihulls and a vast array of other racing and cruising vessels taking on the beautiful yet challenging course around the central Caribbean.
As usual, yachts from the UK and the US make up the majority of the fleet, accounting for over 30 entries. But, there has also been a significant number of entries from France.
Among the 11 French teams entered is the 17m/54ft sailing yacht ‘Teasing Machine’, which was the overall winner of the 2017 RORC Transatlantic Race and, consequently, considered to be a favourite at the upcoming Caribbean regatta.
The yacht will, however, face stiff competition from the 22m/72ft sailing yacht PROTEUS, which will be attempting an unprecedented third overall win.
Split into four IRC rating bands, the international fleet will be battling for class honours as well as the overall prize, the RORC Caribbean 600 Trophy.
Starting in Antigua, the race weaves around Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Barths, St Martin and Anguilla before heading southwards to Guadeloupe
Other competitors to watch out for are two Antiguan yachts: the 11m/37ft sailing yacht TAZ and the 15m/48ft sailing yacht ‘Sleeper X’. Both scored memorable victories last year in IRC One and IRC Three respectively and will hope to retain their titles.
The award-winning 32m/104ft sailing yacht FARFALLA, a regular on the regatta circuit and a popular charter option from Southern Wind, will also be competing.
The thrilling 600-mile circuit traverses 11 Caribbean islands. Starting in Antigua, the race weaves around Barbuda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Barths, St Martin and Anguilla before heading southwards to Guadeloupe and back to Antigua for the finish line.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...