The 17th edition of the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous will get underway tomorrow (19th January 2018), bringing three days of superyacht showcases, regatta racing and glitzy parties to the SALA Phuket Resort in Thailand.
Dedicated solely to superyachts owners, guests and captains and crew, the annual rendezvous will present the second ASR Cup, as well as a selection of social events.
A variety of luxury sailing yachts are signed up to compete in the waters off Mai Khao Beach, home to host SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, and joining the competitors will be an entourage of motor yachts, with spectators on board enjoying close-up views of the action.
After winning last year’s inaugural regatta, the 28m/92ft sailing yacht APHRODITE from Vitters is set to return and hopes to take home the Winner’s Cup once again.
She will, however, have to go head-to-head with the likes of the 26m/85ft charter yacht ASPIRATION, the 25m/82ft sailing yacht INTRIGUE and the 23m/75ft sailing yacht MINICO.
The 40m/131ft sailing yacht ‘La Numero Uno’ will also be competing as well as hosting an opening night cocktail party tomorrow evening, one of the highlights of the three-day racing and social event.
Joining the competitors will be an entourage of motor yachts, with spectators on board enjoying close-up views of the action
Launched in 1983, La Numero Uno was the first yacht to ever be built by renowned Italian builders Perini Navi and was the first fully automated superyacht ever fitted with a ballasted swing keel that retracts into a shallow keel and is raised by an electric winch.
She has since been restored to an immaculate standard and, stocked with the latest technology and modern comforts, she is part of the global charter fleet, with five staterooms accommodating 12 guests on a luxury yacht charter.
Other highlights of the rendezvous include a model boat challenge for crews in attendance, a yacht parade and a VIP gala dinner, which will round up three fun-filled days with sumptuous cuisine, dancing and a presentation for the winner of the ASR Cup 2018.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- 82m M/Y KIBO joins the global charter marketIt has been revealed that the award-winning 82m/266ft motor yacht KIBO is now available for charter in popular Mediterr...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...
- VIDEO: Exclusive look inside newly fitted M/Y O'MEGANew video footage reveals the freshly refurbished interiors inside the 83m/271ft luxury yacht O’MEGA.