The 17th edition of the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous will get underway tomorrow (19th January 2018), bringing three days of superyacht showcases, regatta racing and glitzy parties to the SALA Phuket Resort in Thailand.
Dedicated solely to superyachts owners, guests and captains and crew, the annual rendezvous will present the second ASR Cup, as well as a selection of social events.
A variety of luxury sailing yachts are signed up to compete in the waters off Mai Khao Beach, home to host SALA Phuket Resort and Spa, and joining the competitors will be an entourage of motor yachts, with spectators on board enjoying close-up views of the action.
After winning last year’s inaugural regatta, the 28m/92ft sailing yacht APHRODITE from Vitters is set to return and hopes to take home the Winner’s Cup once again.
She will, however, have to go head-to-head with the likes of the 26m/85ft charter yacht ASPIRATION, the 25m/82ft sailing yacht INTRIGUE and the 23m/75ft sailing yacht MINICO.
The 40m/131ft sailing yacht ‘La Numero Uno’ will also be competing as well as hosting an opening night cocktail party tomorrow evening, one of the highlights of the three-day racing and social event.
Joining the competitors will be an entourage of motor yachts, with spectators on board enjoying close-up views of the action
Launched in 1983, La Numero Uno was the first yacht to ever be built by renowned Italian builders Perini Navi and was the first fully automated superyacht ever fitted with a ballasted swing keel that retracts into a shallow keel and is raised by an electric winch.
She has since been restored to an immaculate standard and, stocked with the latest technology and modern comforts, she is part of the global charter fleet, with five staterooms accommodating 12 guests on a luxury yacht charter.
Other highlights of the rendezvous include a model boat challenge for crews in attendance, a yacht parade and a VIP gala dinner, which will round up three fun-filled days with sumptuous cuisine, dancing and a presentation for the winner of the ASR Cup 2018.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...