The Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 drew to close on Sunday 17th September, following six successful days of superyacht showcases, boat builder exhibits and luxury lifestyle offerings in the iconic French Riviera town of Cannes.
Lighting up the Côte d’Azur last week, the Cannes Yachting Festival celebrated its 40th anniversary edition and more than lived up to its reputation as Europe’s leading in-water boat show.
Nearly 600 boats, ranging from motor yachts and sailing yachts to catamarans, day boats and tenders, were presented across the two ports of Cannes: the Vieux Port and the Port Pierre Canto. One hundred of these were new builds and made their world premieres at the event.
Superyachts measuring from 25 to 65 metres could be seen lined up in the Port Pierre Canto, as footage from day five of the event reveals. Known as the brokerage and charter area of the festival, the port hosted the key players of the second-hand yacht market, available for sale and rent.
All eyes were on the largest yacht in attendance, the 65m/213ft charter yacht ‘Double Down. A 2010 build from Codecasa, she was refitted in 2016 and, in the video, Julia Simpson of the PR and Business Development department at TWW Yachts was on hand to give an introduction.
Exclusive clips of the interior show off the exquisite styling from Evan K Marshall, as well opulent features such as rich mahogany woodwork, a grand piano in the main salon and a glass-fronted elevator, which serves all four decks.
The Cannes Yachting Festival celebrated its 40th anniversary edition and more than lived up to its reputation as Europe’s leading in-water boat show
Another video, from the final day of the event, shows off the motorboats measuring from six to 20 metres, with President and CEO of Windy Scandinavia AB Knut Heiberg-Anderson and Sales Manager of Boston Whaler Katie Hansen presenting what their companies have to offer.
This clip also provides a glimpse of the show’s late night opening, which happened on Friday 15th September. As darkness fell, the yachts were lit up beautifully in the Bay of Cannes and networking events ensured show attendees were kept entertained all night.
Other highlights included ‘land stands’ devoted to the latest innovations in the world of boating, an area dedicated to luxury, crafts and lifestyle, and the third edition of the Concours d’Elégance: a parade of vintage and modern day boats paying history to the rich history of sailings boats in heart of the Riviera.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- 82m M/Y KIBO joins the global charter marketIt has been revealed that the award-winning 82m/266ft motor yacht KIBO is now available for charter in popular Mediterr...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...
- VIDEO: Exclusive look inside newly fitted M/Y O'MEGANew video footage reveals the freshly refurbished interiors inside the 83m/271ft luxury yacht O’MEGA.