Beautiful footage of the world-class 51m/167ft expedition yacht ‘Northern Sun’ reveals what life is like on a charter vaction cruising the spectacular cruising grounds of the Andaman Sea, on an itinerary from the Malaysian archipelago of Langkawi to Phuket in Thailand.
After an introduction to her 12 crew members, time-lapse photography captures the sun rising over Northern Star, revealing turquoise seas, dramatic rock formations and a backdrop of jungle-clad hills. Filmed in all her splendour, she then begins her 120-nautical-mile island-hopping adventure through the serene waters of South East Asia.
Charter guests on board are filmed as they experience the breathtaking beauty of the area’s scenery through a range of on-land excursions and water activities. The camera follows them as they board a tender to see sights such as Malaysia’s magnificent wildlife, deserted beaches and a local floating fishing village.
As they reach Thailand’s Phang Nga Bay, spectacular sheer-sided mountains rise majestically out of the waters and the guests can be seen exploring enchanted caves and islets.
Snorkelling and scuba diving are also highlights of the itinerary as fantastic underwater footage unveils the stunning coral and marine life of the Andaman Sea. Onboard toys including water skis and Seabobs are caught in action too.
The video also gives behind-the-scene glimpses of the crew as they prepare dinner in the galley, control the yacht from the bridge and hoist one of the tenders into the sea.
Local fisherman selling their fresh catches to the crew is another rare moment recorded.
If you are interested in renting M/Y Northern Sun, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all luxury yachts available to charter in Thailand.
Fantastic underwater footage unveils the stunning coral and marine life of the Andaman Sea.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...