Beautiful footage of the world-class 51m/167ft expedition yacht ‘Northern Sun’ reveals what life is like on a charter vaction cruising the spectacular cruising grounds of the Andaman Sea, on an itinerary from the Malaysian archipelago of Langkawi to Phuket in Thailand.
After an introduction to her 12 crew members, time-lapse photography captures the sun rising over Northern Star, revealing turquoise seas, dramatic rock formations and a backdrop of jungle-clad hills. Filmed in all her splendour, she then begins her 120-nautical-mile island-hopping adventure through the serene waters of South East Asia.
Charter guests on board are filmed as they experience the breathtaking beauty of the area’s scenery through a range of on-land excursions and water activities. The camera follows them as they board a tender to see sights such as Malaysia’s magnificent wildlife, deserted beaches and a local floating fishing village.
As they reach Thailand’s Phang Nga Bay, spectacular sheer-sided mountains rise majestically out of the waters and the guests can be seen exploring enchanted caves and islets.
Snorkelling and scuba diving are also highlights of the itinerary as fantastic underwater footage unveils the stunning coral and marine life of the Andaman Sea. Onboard toys including water skis and Seabobs are caught in action too.
The video also gives behind-the-scene glimpses of the crew as they prepare dinner in the galley, control the yacht from the bridge and hoist one of the tenders into the sea.
Local fisherman selling their fresh catches to the crew is another rare moment recorded.
If you are interested in renting M/Y Northern Sun, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, browse all luxury yachts available to charter in Thailand.
Fantastic underwater footage unveils the stunning coral and marine life of the Andaman Sea.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- 82m M/Y KIBO joins the global charter marketIt has been revealed that the award-winning 82m/266ft motor yacht KIBO is now available for charter in popular Mediterr...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...
- VIDEO: Exclusive look inside newly fitted M/Y O'MEGANew video footage reveals the freshly refurbished interiors inside the 83m/271ft luxury yacht O’MEGA.