The renowned, multi-award winning 162.5m/533ft superyacht ECLIPSE, was recently seen at Palmarina Bodrum in Turkey. The world’s second largest yacht, delivered by Blohm + Voss, her Terence Disdale-designed stature towered amongst the surrounding vessels and landscape of the Turkish Riviera.
Little is known about the purpose of ECLIPSE’s visit to the Turkey, a location which has be largely quiet over recent charter seasons due to uncertainties about the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. Evidently, her world cruising capability is being put to good use by owner Roman Abramovich, however, after the megayacht’s surprising visit to the River Clyde in Scotland earlier this year in July.
The only megayacht marina in Turkey, Palmarina Bodrum offers 6 different moorings with a 24-hour service and features a Yacht Club, ‘Billionaire Club’ and a complex comprising of a Boutique hotel, over a hundred shops and restaurants, and art galleries. The marina is set against a beautiful backdrop of Turkey’s mountains, littered with tiny villages.
Delivered in 2010, motor yacht ECLIPSE currently boasts the title of the largest yacht marketed as available for chartering (at an undisclosed rate). She is unquestionably a superyacht that constantly captures the attention of the world’s media, largely because of her significant range of amenities – highlights include: three helipads, two swimming pools, several Jacuzzi’s, a movie theatre, a spa, disco hall, barbecue, children’s playroom, elevator, conference facilities for a corporate charter or working at sea, and a submarine able to discover depths of up to 50 metres.
Unconfirmed amenities include a missile defence system, accompanied by protective bullet-proof windows.
ECLIPSE provides luxurious accommodation for up to 36 guests in 18 staterooms, ideal for the New Year’s Eve party her owner has become renowned for hosting in the glamorous setting of St Barts. Her cabin layout comprises of one lavish master suite located on a large master deck, and 17 VIP staterooms.
One of the charter fleet’s largest crews of 70 is on hand on board for ensuring an effortless cruising experience.
Accolades in her awards cabinet includes ‘Best Displacement Motor Yacht (of 3,000GT and above)' and 'Motor Yacht of the Year' at the 2011 World Superyacht Awards.
For more details about renting the world’s largest charter yacht ECLIPSE, available to select clientele, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all luxury yacht for charter in Turkey.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed