From the streets to the deck of a superyacht, “selfies” are an undeniable phenomenon that have taken the world by storm and are taking place everywhere you look. For those lucky enough to enjoy a luxury yacht charter vacation, a trip to some of the most coveted destinations across the globe offers the perfect opportunity to take extraordinary snaps to share with family and friends and forever preserve some of your most treasured memories.
After scouring the globe, YachtCharterFleet have carefully handpicked the ten best locations to take a selfie below!
10. Atolls of the Maldives
With 1200 picture-perfect islands to choose from, surrounded by cyan blue ocean, a Maldives yacht charter vacation offers an abundance of opportunities to take a great selfie. An aerial shot of a tiny island from your sundeck, an underwater snap of the family snorkelling or scuba-diving with rays and turtles or lying on a white-sand beach showing off your bikini bod are just a few options. This tropical paradise, dotted throughout the Indian Ocean, provide the ideal setting for creating unforgettable memories on the superyacht vacation of a lifetime.
9. Dubai Harbour
The skyscrapers which line Dubai’s glitzy harbour – featuring the tallest man-made structure on earth at 2,772ft - epitomise the glamour of a luxury yacht charter here. Futuristic architecture is contrasted by a desertscape further afield, only adding the intrigue of the country’s fusion of tradition and innovation. A selfie of your Dubai yacht charter vacation lets everyone know you are enjoying the finer things in life – with the best restaurants, shops and a vibrant art scene at your fingertips. The harbour lit up at night is a definite occasion to grab your smartphone.
8. Cinque Terre, Italy
Italy’s most beautiful treasure, the pastel pinks and yellows of traditional homes which perch on the dramatic hillside of Cinque Terre’s charming rustic coast provide an idyllic backdrop for the perfect selfie. Offering a delightful blend of traditional culture and luxury, a sun-soaked superyacht vacation in the Italian Riviera transports you back to the 19th century, with all the added perks of modern life. With cars banned from the roads, and quaint, fishing villages dating as far back as AD 643, a yacht selfie in Cinque Terre offers a taste of antiquity that only a select few are lucky enough to experience first-hand.
7. Sacred Pool Terraces in Pamukkale, Turkey
Head to Pamukkale equipped with your phone and wrapped up warm to experience the beauty of Turkey in all its breath-taking glory. Hot springs, travertine terraces and Greco-Roman antiquities converge to create an otherworldly paradise definitely worthy of a selfie. With peaks of 525 feet, a selfie in this “cotton castle” will have people shocked that you are not in the French Alpines but on a Turkey yacht charter vacation thanks to the illusion of snow created by the rapid precipitation of the calcium bicarbonate from the springs. Take a snap in the glistening pools boasting amazingly tropical temperatures or from the hills looking down to share with others – this winter wonderland of a World Heritage site is guaranteed to amaze and dumbfound.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed