Guests on impressive 64m superyacht SuRi will be able to enjoy underwater exploration using her new 3-person submersible for summer charters in Papau New Guinea.
Delivered in 1978 by Halter Marine, expedition yacht SuRi has added to her long list of water toys - with highlights including a fold-up seaplane, three Waverunners, two Jet-skis, two Seabobs, two rowing boats and a range of towables and inflatables - with a new 2015 model C-Explorer 3 from U-Boat Worx on board.
The submersible can reach depths up to 3,000 feet below sea-level and has a dive time of 16 hours. Its acrylic pressure hull offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the expanse of the ocean.
Part of extensive 2-month refit taking place at Bangkok Dock by Yacht Solutions, she will also benefit from an exterior repaint, tank blasting, steel work, interior carpentry, engineering, HVAC work and electrical work before returning to offering luxury charters across the globe this winter.
Her previous 2012 refit in California notably included a 35-foot mid-body extension, the enlarging of her staterooms and the addition of a climate-controlled dining room.
One of few purpose-built yachts in the global charter fleet, SuRi's new addition represents the growing demand for submarines to accompany charter vessels to offer a truly unique experience. Summer charters in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands offer a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Her additional helicopter, a scooter, five road bikes and two BMW bikes mean she is equipped for every type of adventure possible. Later guests can unwind in her deck Jacuzzi or movie theatre, enjoy barbecue dining al fresco or enjoy incredible views underwater from her media room's glass sea windows.
She comfortably accommodates up to 12 guests within 8 well-appointed staterooms, comprising of a master suite, four VIP staterooms, a double cabin, a twin cabin and one convertible cabin.
SuRI cruises at 10 knots, with a top speed of 12 knots, and has a range of 9900nm from 241256 litre fuel tanks.
...a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Contact your preferred charter broker to discuss a luxury charter vacation on board SuRi in July or August 2015, where you can test out her exciting new water toy surrounded by the beauty of Papua New Guinea.
Alternatively, view all superyachts for charter in Papau New Guinea to compare the size, amenities and water toys of vessels which cruise here.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed