Equipped with an on-board submarine and accommodation for two helicopters, the 77m (253ft) expedition yacht 'La Datcha' has left Damen’s facilities as one of the most capable and luxurious explorer yachts for charter in the world.
After hitting the water for the first time in July 2020, La Datcha is now ready to begin the first leg of what will shape up to be a lifetime of adventures.
She marks an exciting milestone for Damen as their largest SeaXplorer to see delivery, signalling a successful start to the yard’s first foray into explorer superyachts. Traditionally, the yard has specialized in yacht support vessels.
On-board features of the 2,560 GT La Datcha include a helicopter hangar, a sauna and steam room, an ice-classed hull and a huge storage tank for accessories including snowmobiles and a submarine.
La Datcha has been created for an experienced Owner who had the charter market in mind from the outset. Her itinerary will include some of the most remote corners of the planet and she has some thrill-seeking experiences planned to match; from heli-skiing in Russia’s Kamchatka islands to diving in the marine-rich waters of Papua New Guinea.
Designed for long-range exploration, the superyacht boasts a fully-certified primary helideck and a standby deck for a second helicopter, which is necessary for heli-ops in destinations such as Antarctica. A hangar is on hand to store both.
From heli-skiing in Russia’s Kamchatka islands to diving in the marine-rich waters of Papua New Guinea, La Datcha has some adventurous itineraries to match her explorer capacities.
La Datcha is IMO Polar Code Compliant with ice-breaking capabilities and complete autonomy for up to 40 days at sea.
Her storage locker is equally impressive, with space for ski equipment, dive equipment, a 3-person submersible and two snowmobiles. The submersible will make this charter yacht particularly high in demand, giving guests the unique opportunity to explore the underwater world from a new perspective.
A submersible will make this charter yacht particularly high in demand, giving guests a rare opportunity to explore an underwater world from a new perspective.
For the apres-ski, she has a sumptuous on-board spa with a Turkish Hamman, an ice fountain and a dedicated massage room. She also offers an on-deck hot tub that’s primed for soaking up the wonders of the world as they float past.
In addition, luxury yacht La Datcha also plays host to a 9m above-water observation lounge and gym facilities.
Accommodation is provided for up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes two Owner’s suites. Four cabins are convertible to ensure total flexibility for her charter guests. There is provision for a crew of 25.
La Datcha is the first SeaXplorer 77, and she forms the flagship of this range. A SeaXplorer 55 is currently under construction and a SeaXplorer 62 (62m (203ft) motor yacht ANAWA) was delivered just recently.
All of the SeaXplorer yachts have been designed to embody a cutting-edge combination of groundbreaking technology and high-calibre luxury.
Rose Damen, Managing Director at Damen, has stated that the shipyard hopes to expand the SeaXplorer range into yachts of various sizes; including vessels of up to 100m.
She commented; "Behind each of these designs is Damen’s dedicated SeaXplorer design team, a well-established pool of naval architecture talent and shipbuilding expertise.
"We are leading the way in the market for purpose-built expedition yachts.”
Behind each of these designs is Damen’s dedicated SeaXplorer design team, a well-established pool of naval architecture talent and shipbuilding expertise.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed