Cruising around Monaco on a Mediterranean yacht charter has just been made much easier with the opening of a stunning new 178 berth marina just 15 minutes from the principality.
Protected naturally from the elements and with strictly monitored access, Cala del Forte Marina caters for yachts up to over 70m (230ft) in length and also boasts 39 shops, 577 parking spaces and 15,000 square meters of beautiful promenades and gardens.
By sea, the port is located just 25 nautical miles from Antibes and 35 nautical miles from Cannes. Those chartering a yacht will also be able to access Italian hotspots such as Portofino, just 77 nautical miles away, and Sardinia's Costa Smeralda, just 207 nautical miles away.
The area was identified by Ports de Monaco, who operate the marina, as a potential solution to the berthing shortage that has beset Monaco over recent years, as it has become a more and more popular destination for luxury yacht charters. Securing a space at either Port Hercule or Fontvieille Marina has become increasingly difficult, despite considerable development and expansion work in the past 15 years.
Originally a jetty in the 1960s, construction on the new marina began in early 2017. The arrival of Tuiga, quickly followed by three more yachts, opened Cala del Forte on 15 October. An official inauguration of the site is scheduled to take place in the summer of 2021.
The location of the marina, Ventimiglia, is the first town visitors see when they enter Italy from France. Well known for its daily street market, it also boasts a unique medieval district. Monaco is eight nautical miles away, or 30 minutes by road with regular transfers allowing Owners and their guests easy access to the glitzy principality.
Cala del Forte is offering daily, monthly and seasonal reservation rates for its berths, as well as the opportunity to purchase a limited number of berths on a long-term lease arrangement of 40 years.
With its eclectic mix of world class dining, casinos, nightlight and spectacular surroundings on the French Riviera, Monaco has long been a popular calling point for anyone on a West Mediterranean yacht charter.
If you are interested in visiting Monaco please get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
Alternatively, view all of the superyachts available for charter in Monaco.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed