Spain has reopened for travel and will not be imposing a 14-day quarantine, allowing yacht charter in Ibiza and the wider Balearics to resume under near-normal conditions with some Social Distancing measures in place.
After 3 months of Coronavirus lockdown, Spain has lifted its national state of emergency and will be reopening its borders to international travel. So far, only visitors from 26 European countries will be able to visit without having to undergo quarantine, however this is expected to be reviewed soon.
Luxury charter yachts can now move freely between the islands of the Balearics, allowing for fun-filled itineraries that include the breathtaking architecture and world-renowned beach clubs of Ibiza, the glassy blue bays of Mallorca and the bright white, powdery sand beaches of Formentera.
In the pre-vaccine era of COVID-19, a crewed yacht charter is the perfect luxury vacation solution. Yachts are self-contained environments which offer privacy and exclusivity, making them optimized for social distancing already.
Couple that with high standards of hygeine, a small crew and an itinerary which you can tailor to suit your needs, and you can understand why booking a private yacht charter is expected to shoot up in popularity over the coming months as travel restrictions relax and air corridors start to become established.
It's easy to understand why private yacht charter vacations are expected to shoot up in popularity over the coming months.
Ibiza is the most popular Spanish island for superyacht vacations. The White Isle might be best known for its buzzy beach club scene and flourishing nightlife and entertainment venues, but Ibiza does have a softer side which you can explore if you'd like to maintain social distancing at sea.
The island's jagged coastlines are studded with little coves and pretty, crescent-shaped beaches backed by fresh-scented Mediterranean pine forests. Clear waters lap the shores, and further out at sea you'll find an underwater world that's a dream for scuba and snorkelling. You can cruise around the rocky outcrops of Es Vedra and discover the islet's mythical magnetic pull, or you can step on shore and explore the hilly interior of the island on the back of motorcycles.
Discover the magnetic pull of Es Vedra
The world's most expensive restaurant marries a high-tech immersive experience with six-star gastronomy
Where the cool crowds come to party- the insider secret you'll want to know about
You can take a look at all of our bespoke private yacht charter itineraries in the Balearics. Don't forget to speak to your broker about tailoring them for social distancing.
- 63m (207') charter yacht 11/11. She charters from €650,000 p/week (+ expenses)
- 41m (135') luxury yacht RUYA. She charters from €175,000 p/week (+ expenses)
- 40m (132') superyacht THUMPER. She charters from €155,000 p/week (+ expenses)
- 36m (118') motor yacht 'Delta One'. She charters from €130,000 p/week (+ expenses) (pictured above)
- 37m (121') superyacht 'Elena Nueve'. She charters from €105,000 p/week (+ expenses)
The above is just a small selection of superyachts available to rent. Don't miss out- you can choose from the entire fleet of yachts available in Ibiza and the Balearics by viewing ALL luxury charter yachts in Spain.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed