Fans of the original Below Deck and Below Deck Mediterranean are in for a treat, as brand new spin-off series Below Deck Sailing Yacht makes its premiere on Bravo tonight at 9/8c.
A brand new addition to the Below Deck franchise is coming tonight, and as well as new crew, new guests and new destinations, there will be another major difference that will add some drama to the show; a sailing yacht instead of a motor yacht.
Early last year, YachtCharterFleet exclusively broke the news that the yacht in question is Perini Navi’s 54m/177ft charter yacht ‘Parsifal III’.
She traditionally charters in the Mediterranean around Italy and the South of France, but she received a Greek charter license in April last year in order to play host to the Below Deck crew in Corfu, Greece.
In this new series of Below Deck, we’ll see a different side to chartering. On board the motor yachts that hosted Captain Lee Rosbach, Captain Sandy Yawn and Kate Chastain etc, the day-to-day runnings of the yacht didn’t get much air time.
This won’t be the case with Parsifal III- the sailing of the yacht will be an important component to the show. Sailing yachts rely on wind to get from point A to point B, and the deck crew are put in a far more demanding role to manoeuvre the yacht using lines and sails.
Sailing yachts also heel (lean) as the wind takes them, which wreaks havoc in the interior and can sometimes be dangerous under certain circumstances.
"[Sailing] definitely adds an element of unpredictability," Said Captain Glenn Shephard, captain of Parsifal III. "There's always danger in everything.”
When compared to motor yachts, sailing yachts are also much smaller. A cramped galley (kitchen) and confined crew quarters will put the crew under increased pressure to deliver their signature silver service. Plenty of deck duties also take place in the midst of guest areas.
A combination of these factors will add even more action and excitement to the show.
“I expect my crew to be ready to go sailing at any moment.”
In one of the teaser clips released by Bravo, captain Glenn can be heard talking through the walkie warning his crew that he’s about to raise the sails. This means that all unsecured items must be tied down or put away.
“We’re about to go sail.” Says Chef Adam Glick “And there’s like 500 things about to fall.”
Delivered by prestigious Italian shipyard Perini Navi in 2005 and last refitted in 2012, Parsifal III is an elegant ketch (two-masted sailboat with a taller front mast).
She offers accommodation for up to 12 guests in five cabins, and has won multiple industry awards for her dynamic design and engineering. She provides exceptional seakeeping and incredible performance while underway, so she is perfect for Below Deck guests looking for the ultimate sailing experience.
On-board highlights include a deck jacuzzi, movie projector, a huge selection of water toys and a sophisticated monochrome interior courtesy of French designer Remi Tessier.
She is famous for her hydraulic swim platform, which allows guests to enjoy meals at water level.
The yachties are setting sail around Corfu, a pretty little island in northern Greece close to Italy and Albania. The homeport for the show is Naok Marina, and we can expect some gorgeous scenes shot around the island’s coasts.
Steeped in natural beauty, the island is home to plenty of quiet anchorages where guests will be able to take the water toys out for a spin and little beaches where they can enjoy beach picnics.
Parsifal III charters from $195,000 per week plus expenses. This does not include the price of food, drinks, the cost to dock, or fuel costs associated with water toys.
If you are interested in chartering S/Y PARSIFAL III for yourself, please get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancellations, insuran...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now, due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and lookin...