The 77m/254ft superyacht LEGEND is heading to Greenland and Antarctica to offer unforgettable skiing adventures with Olympic gold medallist ski racer Bode Miller.
Exploring the Arctic by yacht is an experience in itself; expect to cruise past cavernous glaciers, watch the Northern Lights light up the sky and observe a spectrum of wildlife. From polar bears in their natural habitat to humpback whales breaching the water’s surface, this region is primed for those looking for a yacht charter with a difference.
Now, LEGEND is giving adventure-hungry charter guests the opportunity to experience all of this and more. With the unique capacity to host up to 26 guests on board, she is ideal for large groups in search of making memories to last a lifetime.
Legendary Alpine skier Bode Miller and polar explorer Doug Stoup will be on board during the yacht’s upcoming expeditions, providing a once-in-a-lifetime skiing excursion and the chance to get off the beaten track and discover a lesser-visited pocket of the planet.
The superyacht-based skiing expeditions are available thanks to a collaboration between EYOS Expeditions and skiing equipment company Bomber Ski.
LEGEND will be chartering in Greenland in spring 2020, before heading onwards to the high-latitude cruising grounds of Antarctica in 2021.
The opportunity now to have both Bode and Doug on board makes for an unbelievable combination. Both are ideal skiing partners and great companions off the slopes.
While Miller is a four-time World Championship winner, the 2021 expedition will be his first time skiing in Antarctica. Polar explorer Doug Stoop will be bringing invaluable insight and a first-hand understanding of the region after his 50th trip to the continent.
“The opportunity now to have both Bode and Doug on board makes for an unbelievable combination,” says Ben Lyons, EYOS’ CEO. “Both are ideal skiing partners and great companions off the slopes.”
With her go-anywhere capacities and staggering locker of toys and accessories, LEGEND makes the ideal platform for this type of yacht charter experience.
She offers a fully-certified helideck for guests looking to enhance their trip with a birds’ eye view over snow-capped terrains, as well as a submarine for exploring the region’s rich underwater world.
After a day of hitting the slopes, guests will be pleased to find warm and inviting interiors. LEGEND enjoys an elegant library with compass motif flooring, and her main salon has been thoughtfully laid out to offer a classic bar and cosy seating arranged around a fireplace.
A wellness suite ensures tired muscles are well-catered to, with a hot plunge complete with waterfall features. Afterwards, they can indulge in a massage in the Balinese-style treatment room next door.
Meanwhile, a home cinema promises movie nights at sea and alfresco dining allows guests to enjoy meals outside while they soak up the views. A beauty room and medical room can also be found on board.
The motor yacht provides accommodation for 26 guests in 13 cabins, including an expansive owner’s deck. As well as her submarine and helicopter, she also has snow scooters and plenty of tenders for getting up close to pods of whales.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed