The Australian Superyacht Rendez-Vous will be back between 16 - 18 October 2020 in a brand new location at the Coral Sea Marina Resort in the Whitsundays for a special Great Barrier Reef edition.
Recognised as the leading superyacht event in the South Pacific, the fourth edition of the Australian Superyacht Rendez-vous will be bringing more superyachts and social events to the Coral Sea Marina Resort for three days in October 2020.
The yachting meet has been traditionally held along Australia’s Gold Coast, but this new move aims to highlight the cruising grounds of the Whitsundays and promote the charter capacities and economic potential in this pocket of Australia.
“Globally, more superyachts are looking to migrate to the southern hemisphere to capitalize on fresh charter destinations like the Great Barrier Reef,” said Paul Darrouzet, owner of the Coral Sea Marina Resort host venue.
“The Australian Superyacht Rendezvous represents an exceptional opportunity to tell the international superyacht world we are ready to welcome them.”
The event will welcome a selection of Australia’s leading superyachts from the brokerage market, with the majority available for private yacht charters.
The three-day programme will present ample opportunities for attendees to acquaint themselves with the fleet through yacht tours and meet and greets with the captains and crews.
The Australian Superyacht Rendezvous represents an exceptional opportunity to tell the international superyacht world we are ready to welcome them.
The event will also offer familiarity cruises on board participating superyachts, with itineraries that explore a range of land and sea-based Whitsunday-exclusive experiences including a lunch on Whitehaven Beach, reef adventures, wildlife tours and more.
The invitation-only Rendez-Vous is a key networking event, allowing attendees to share insight and look ahead to the future of Australia’s charter market. Guests will include industry players, superyacht owners and prospective charter clients and buyers. Politicians, members of the media and a number of attendees from the tourism and hospitality sector are also expected to show their support at the event.
The Australian Superyacht Rendez-Vous has been hosted in Queensland since 2017, and the event has been integral in promoting Australia’s success as a superyacht hub for the Asia Pacific region.
It’s hoped that the new venue of Coral Sea Marina Resort venue will prove popular as well. The marina has 520 berths with the capacity to host yachts measuring up to 80m, and plays host to a chic hotel and restaurant on the premises.
The marina is also perfectly placed for visiting superyachts looking to soak up the unparalleled beauty and marine life of the Whitsundays.
From sandy swirls of beach and bright blue lagoons to kaleidoscopic marine life and thriving coral gardens, the Whitsundays is a playground for adventure and exploring.
“Australia’s prominence on the global superyacht stage continues to gain momentum and the 2020 Great Barrier Reef edition of Australian Superyacht Rendezvous is our opportunity to showcase to the world our unrivalled and pristine cruising charter grounds for superyachts.” Stated Mr. Darrouzet.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...