The new marina, located in Italy, is a sister marina to Port Hercules and is expected to be completed by the end of December.
Situated on the French-Italian border in the seaside city of Ventimiglia, the brand new Cala del Forte marina will be able to host 178 yachts with a maximum length of 70m.
The exclusive marina is less than eight miles from the superyacht hub of Monaco, and it is hoped it will ease some of the demand for berths in Port Hercules.
Thanks to its close proximity to many desirable yacht charter destinations, Cala del Forte will make yacht charters in the French Riviera even easier.
Cala de Forte was bought by Monaco Ports in 2016, making it a sister marina to Port Hercules and Fontvieille. Yacht-goers can expect the same sterling service, security and well-equipped facilities as the Monegasque ports.
Building work is expected to be ready to open by the end of 2019. So far, 82% of the maritime works and 28% of the shoreside construction has been completed.
The on-land facilities include two shopping zones with 39 shops, as well as access to 15,000 square metres of gardens.
The port is located just 25 nautical miles from Antibes and 35 nautical miles from Cannes.
The marina itself will offes around-the-clock mooring assistance and security, as well as storage facilities adjacent to the berths and a delivery and transportation service.
By sea, the port is located just 25 nautical miles from Antibes and 35 nautical miles from Cannes. Those chartering a yacht will also be able to access Italian hotspots such as Portofino, just 77 nautical miles away, and Sardinia's Costa Smeralda, just 207 nautical miles away.
The sheltered location of Cala del Forte is expected to be another draw. In October 2018, the major storm that rocked the Ligurian coast tested the strength of the marina’s existing infrastructure, but the marina reported no damage whatsoever.
This great new port is expected to become highly in-demand. For charter guests, it means that you will be able to access more Mediterranean yacht charter destination with increased flexibility and ease.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...