After an action-packed three days of sailing around the Caribbean island, the results from the 2019 St Barths Bucket Regatta are in.
Drawing to a close on 24 March, the 32nd edition of the prestigious St Barths Bucket Regatta attracted a fine fleet of 34 sailing yachts to the Caribbean for three days of racing alongside a glitzy social programme.
Charter yachts enjoyed considerable success this year’s event; the 34m/116ft charter yacht SOJANA, the 56m/184ft sailing yacht ROSEHEARTY and the 50m/163ft superyacht OHANA all took home victories in their respective classes.
Both racing in Class B, SOJANA and the 32m/104ft sailing yacht FARFALLA were keen to replicate their winning streaks from last year, when they raced in separate classes.
The race was tight, but it was SOJANA which came out on top with an impressive first place in all of her races, leaving FARFALLA to take second place in all three.
Taking home the gold in Class E was ROSEHEARTY. A former class winner, this year saw the popular charter yacht come in first place in two out of three races.
The race was tight, but it was SOJANA which came out on top with an impressive first place in all of her races.
Meanwhile, the non-spinnaker class, known as the Corinthian Class, made a triumphant return to St Barths for the 2019 event. Just three yachts competed for first place in this category, and it was 50m/162ft charter yacht OHANA which claimed victory this year.
The overall winner of the regatta was announced to be the 67m/219ft sailing yacht HETAIROS, the longest yacht on the line-up. She raced in A class alongside last year’s winner, the 34m/112ft sailing yacht NILAYA.
As ever, the St Barths Bucket 2019 featured an excellent social programme that allowed sailors and sailing enthusiasts to socialise and enjoy the festivities in the idyllic setting of St Barths.
The St Barths Bucket featured an excellent social programme that allowed sailors and sailing enthusiasts to enjoy the festivities together.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...